I've entered that pregnancy phase when one just calmly waits. I feel like my sense of urgency and impatience has given way to acceptance that this baby will be coming out soon any way you look at it. I had a few regular contractions last night but then they stopped. We meet with the surgeon on Monday so we will know then what's gonna happen this week. Brian asked me what my gut was telling me to do. I wish I knew. And perhaps the surgeon will make the decision for us. Maybe she will say that I need to have a c section if I am experiencing pressure/discomfort around my scar. If it's still up to us, I just don't know. I am going to write down questions I have for her today and just trust that her input will lead us to the right decision.
Brian is working on the basement this weekend so I rented a couple of movies for myself. Turns out they were both really short and I watched them both last night. I rented Once at Meg's recommendation. I know you loved it, Meg, but I gotta say it wasn't my favorite. I did love the music - it was just the movie that didn't do a lot for me. Brian's going to buy the soundtrack with an i-tunes gift card from Christmas. Then I watched Nanny Diaries. I actually skipped through parts because it was so dull. I read the book and was mildly entertained by that. It did not translate well into a movie. Part of what was hard for me was that the little boy reminded me of Jackson somehow. He had a cute little nose like Jackson and a sweet smile. It just made me so sad to see how the mother neglected him. I know I took this movie much more seriously than it was intended.
I am up by myself with Jackson this morning. I told Brian to sleep in - he was up really late working on the basement and then couldn't sleep. I think he was probably high on paint fumes. Today we need to get party stuff - pick up the cake, get the pizzas. It's 7:50 and it's a balmy -14 degrees without the wind chill. Good god.
Stay warm, folks. I wonder how many times I will hear meteorologists say, "hunker down" today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment