Tuesday, November 24, 2009

For shame

I didn't give up on my blog, honest. I've been busy and it's left me with no desire to finish a thought in my head let alone type it out on a computer that's so old it takes 5 minutes to open my e-mail account.

Anyway.

Coming to you live from Minnesota tonight. We arrived at Brian's parents' house yesterday around 4:30. The boys were good in the car. Specifically, Jackson was great and Andrew was okay which I think averages out to "good" in the car. On the plus side, Andrew kept all of his...ahem...bathroom business INSIDE his diaper for the first time ever on this car ride. We're scheduled to be here until Thanksgiving evening and then on to my parents' house provided my brother recovers from that little flu you might have heard of. H1N1? Sound familiar? Jackson is beside himself with glee to be back with his grandparents.

I made it through our CD recording for church. 2 weeks ago I thought it was going to be pretty bad, but we came a long way. I think it's going to be a pretty good CD and something I'll be proud to have my name on. We recorded for about 5 1/2 hours on Friday night and 4 hours on Saturday morning. Our priest, Fr. Keith, sat in the church and watched the entire thing with a smile. It was nice to have him there supporting the choir.

I'm nursing a little cold now, but I'm so grateful to have made it through the recording without getting sick. That's all the energy I have for now. I hope to find a little more writing inspiration after Thanksgiving. For now, I just plan to enjoy time with our family.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Brenda L. Greenwald said...

Hey, chica! Happy Thanksgiving from the Rocky Mountains! No shame about being absent from Blogland...did the same thing myself. And slow computers? Don't get me started! I hope you are on the mend soon - we have no time for colds!

Unknown said...

Heather! Thinking of you today -- last night I mentioned as an afterthought that I'd like a Jane Monheit CD for Xmas, and my dad found one in his collection and gave it to me! It's Taking a Chance on Love (from 2004). Anyway it delights me no end and it makes me think of you! Happy belated Thanksgiving to you guys!

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Heather, thanks for stopping by Peace Garden Mama tonight. It was fun to hear from you and know you're still out there. Hope your cold is better now. I see that you have a naughty dog named Roxie. :) My kinda dog! :) Roxane