Raising kids and performing
in the other Manhattan.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
What a way to start the year
This stomach bug has overstayed its welcome. Friday night, Brian and I quietly watched a movie (500 Days of Summer) while Jackson slept on the couch because he'd been gagging and dry heaving since he tried to eat dinner. By the end of the movie I was officially feeling "not right" and slept on the couch across from Jackson. I fell asleep around 11:30 p.m., swapped places with Brian at 5:30 a.m. and didn't wake up until 1:15 p.m. I went back to bed last night at 7:00 with a movie and our portable dvd player, fell asleep at 9:00 and got up this morning at 8:00. I cannot remember a time I've slept so much. Today I feel better - not 100%, but better. This doesn't seem to be a quick 24 hour bug. Andrew still has gas like a 75 year old man and Jackson doesn't really have his appetite back. I've had the upset stomach since Monday night. We'd all be going a little stir crazy except we don't have the energy to go out even if we dared.
I'll write about our lovely Christmas another time. In the meantime, here are a few pictures.
I'm a Mom, a wife, a sister, daughter and friend, an actor, a singer, a pianist, a teacher. I have three sons and one has a very rare medical condition called Panhypopituitarism. I lived most of my life in Minnesota but now live in Manhattan, KS. I don't like to cook and would order take-out all the time if I could afford it. I love diet coke but try not to drink it and I still miss Sex and the City. I really like t.v. I am always on time. I remember tiny details but please don't ask me for directions, I've never been able to figure out which way is north. I like the smell of skunk and someday I'd like to spend an entire summer in a beach house on the east coast.
Nobody in life gets exactly where they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen. - Conan O'Brien
1 comment:
Holy Moses, Jackson looks like he's about 35 in that 2nd pic. No joke, I had to make sure it wasn't actually Brian sans glasses.
I'm REALLY sorry to hear about your sucky family flu. What a dreadful way to start off a new year. Gaah!
PS Those Sutherland kids look like Trouble. :)
Post a Comment