I vaguely remember making a N.Y. resolution to blog with more regularity. I told myself, "they don't have to be long blogs. Just check in. Write little things about the boys." Then the next day I got the stomach flu. Five days after that I got a chest cold which turned into bronchitis. After recovering from the minor allergic reaction to my antibiotic I waited for the bronchitis to subside (seriously, you should hear my cough. maybe you can. it's that loud.). But it didn't. So I went on a steroid drug for 6 days. That didn't help the cough but man, you should have seen my skin! It was amazing. It's never been so clean and clear and smooth. This weekend my fever came back and the cough came back with a vengeance, so I went back to the doctor on Monday and I still have bronchitis and now also a sinus infection. For crying out loud. She gave me a prescription for a heavy duty antibiotic that I will take for 10 days. I went to the pharmacy and guess what these 10 magic pills cost me? FORTY SEVEN dollars. And that's with insurance coverage. Without it, the drug is over $150. My friend said, "Will it wash your dishes, too?" It had better work. When I get sick it lasts a long time. I have asthma that thankfully doesn't bother my daily life, but seems to make colds/flus stick around a long time. I get embarrassed when people say, "Are you STILL sick? You're STILL coughing?" I know they don't mean anything by it, but it just makes me uncomfortable. And the cough is SO loud. It rattles my chest and echos in church and I can only imagine the damage the past 4 weeks have done to my vocal chords. I had to teach 2 voice lessons today and my voice was nearly gone by the time I started the second one.
Enough complaining.
The kids are thrilled because I rearranged the living room furniture today. Just a love seat and a rocker, but they are excited. Jackson said, "This is AWESOME!" And Andrew repeated, "Yeah! This is ah-fum!" And Jackson said, "It feels so good to be in our new room with our new furniture!" Then Jackson went into his room and saw how I had rearranged in there too. He yelled, "Mom! This is great!" He went on to explain that, "I liked my room the other way but it wasn't really cool. This way is REALLY COOL!" How is he 17 already? I was super productive during preschool today, if you're wondering how I got all that done. It felt so good to vacuum really well and dust and rearrange and straighten. And God bless the babysitter for putting everything in its rightful place by the time I came back upstairs from lessons.
I can't remember if I blogged about my worst-migraine-ever last week? It happened last Thursday. I woke up with a really bad headache and within 30 minutes I was crying because of the pain. I had to keep Jackson home from school because I knew I couldn't drive. After about 30 minutes of trying to go it alone, I had to call Brian to come home. I went right to sleep and woke up 2 1/2 hours later with just a dull ache. Sleep seems to be the cure for me. That is the 5th migraine I have had since we moved here. I blame stress. Our nightmare renter from last year popped up to bug me last Tuesday and she got me very upset. Very upset. I suspect the stress of that triggered the migraine. I will waste no more words on her. Moving on.
I saw "It's Complicated" last week with Kate. The movie with Meryll Streep, Alec Baldwin, Steve Martin. What a great movie! I just needed to laugh and this movie provided good medicine. Meryll Streep is just a dream to watch. I could study her acting for days without stopping. I recommend seeing it if you haven't and could use a good laugh.
Tomorrow is Andrew's 2 year check-up. He has grown up suddenly and it's fantastic. He's a little more self sufficient, which I appreciate, but is also very affectionate. He walks around all day telling me that he misses me and giving me big hugs. Even if we're playing together, he'll reach over and say, "I miss you" and give me a hug. I think it's his way of saying, "I love you." I always tell him I missed him when I teach or when he's at preschool.
Well, that's all the type I have in me tonight. Laundry is done and it's time for bed.
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
13 hours ago
2 comments:
Oh I so love that affectionate 2-year-old stage! Glad you're feeling better!
Woah - CRAZY! I JUST read your blog and am currently "stealing" your "getting to know you" idea. Nice to hear from you! :)
Post a Comment