Andrew is slightly interested in potty training. However, he expects to go the second he sits on his potty chair. If he doesn't, he will smack the toilet seat in frustration and yell, "This thing's not working!" Yesterday he sat down and tooted. He jumped up and yelled, "I did it! I get M&Ms!" I tried to explain that he didn't actually do anything, that he just tooted. He was so mad at me! "I did! I did poop, Mama! It's right there!" I didn't cave though. No poop, no pee, no service. On the plus side, he does go successfully about once a day and twice now it's been his idea.
We're gearing up for our trip to Disney. Wondering if we may need new tires on the truck before we leave but didn't budget that into the trip funds. Sigh. I have about 30 hours of cartoons and movies and lots of Color Wonder markers and color books to keep them occupied. Eight hour drive day one, eight hour drive day two, four hour drive day three. I went to Target this week and stocked up on juice boxes and snacks and an enormous box of diapers. And swim diapers. There's no way we could have flown there with everything we need to bring.
We spent a delightful day by our "pool" yesterday (blow-up pool and water table). Most days motherhood is really hard work. Yesterday I say in a lawn chair and read a magazine for 2 hours while the boys played. That is not work - that's luxury. I think this summer will be really fun. Andrew is a little more independent and while he doesn't love the pool yet, he really loves the water table.
We took the boys on a walk this week so Jackson could practice riding his bike. We live on a cul-de-sac that is on a hill and our driveway is very steep. He can't ride his bike at our house so we took to a nearby trail. He did really well as long as the ground was flat. He's still learning how to maneuver the brakes so he can slowly ride down a hill. He will get going too fast and then slam on the brake. Or he gets scared and sticks his feet out to the sides. Yikes. We're getting there.
I start my new summer teaching schedule today. There's really not a big difference. Losing a few students for part of the summer and starting a couple new students. I think I could have a really big studio in a matter of days if I really wanted to. I think I am at my max right now though. I went to the Manhattan High School choir concert on Thursday night. I was VERY impressed with their top choir, the chamber choir. They have a very mature sound, great voices, and really challenging literature. Made me feel really good to know my voice students are receiving such high level music training at school.
I'm still running and doing The Shred. I feel good and am getting more toned but I am really frustrated with my stubborn waistline. I am not sure what I need to do to whittle away at that c-section tummy. More ab work I suppose? I think I have an abs-focused pilates dvd somewhere. I should probably dig that out.
Our church choir is in Italy right now. I'm trying to pretend that sitting by our "pool" drinking iced tea is just as satisfying as drinking Italian wine by Trevi Fountain.
Ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment