Friday, December 17, 2010

School's out!

Even in the stress-free days of preschool kids are excited when school is out for Christmas. To make the day even better Brian came home at noon. He's been playing with the kids and I did the last of the gift wrapping and straightening. Andrew is now asleep on the rocker (that's NEVER happened....please, please, please don't let that mean he's getting sick) and the other boys are playing some version of Mario on the Wii.

Jackson brought a picture home from preschool today. It was a colored page of the nativity scene, a picture of some kind of wheeled vehicle and underneath it says, "I would give Jesus an ambulance." That either shows his love of emergency vehicles or that he was very uncomfortable with a child being born outside of a hospital.

This afternoon Jackson and I dropped off some gifts at the Salvation Army and then took a walk around the mall to get some pretzel bites. On the way home we sat at a stoplight for a while and We Wish You a Merry Christmas was on the radio. It was all three verses. I wasn't really listening but I guess Jackson was. After the song finished he said incredulously, "So, like, they're not gonna leave until we give them PUDDING?" Maybe you had to be there but I laughed so hard. That song really is unreasonable when you listen to it.

First Christmas show at the MAC tonight. Cross your fingers that folks can enjoy the singing without my barking cough backing them up. At its worst my cough can cover up even the loudest tenor.

1 comment:

Brenda L. Greenwald said...

Yeah for listening to what the carols actually say! HA! I've had more kids point out that some of those carols make NO sense or could never happen! Such little ears! Good luck with your cough!