Neither Jackson or I was looking forward to that. He doesn't want to go to kindergarten so he wanted to stay four. Where did my baby go? Breaks my heart. Don't get me wrong - watching him grow up and learn and develop is completely amazing but it just goes so fast. He's an awesome little boy, so sensitive and thoughtful. He paused during a card game this morning to come behind me and rub my back and thank me for the "beautiful party decorations." That's gonna get you married, Jackson. Always have that kind of consideration and grateful spirit.
Yesterday was Jackson's birthday celebration at school. He was crying at home before we left. I was annoyed because REALLY? Still the tears about going to school? And then finally he told me he was crying because he was so nervous about standing in front of the class. Poor kid has a lot of anxiety. Andrew and I joined him at school at 10:45 to hear them celebrate Jackson. It was really nice. The teacher put a candle in the center of a circle with each of the months written on a sheet of paper and spread around in a circle around the candle. Jackson walked around the candle (the sun) for each year of his life while the teacher read some highlights of that year that I had written down for her. Jackson just stared at his teacher the whole time. I could tell he was thinking, "If I don't take my eyes off of you then maybe the other kids won't see me." I passed out the cupcakes (really more like personal size cakes - HUGE!) and the class sang to Jack. Then Andrew and I got to hang out and observe the rest of the morning which was a treat for me and for Andrew. He was really proud that he got to do that.
Today was Jack and Andrew's shared birthday party. Or as Jackson called it, "My birthday party and Andrew's pretend birthday party." The invitation list would have been the same for both kids so "we" (I) decided to make it one party. Lilli, Tabbi, Aiden, Eli, Patrick and Jacob came over.

It was a Mario Kart party!




The kids had a fun time - lots of playing and just a little crying. Someone had enough "pretend party." And he's really protective of his bed.

The kids went home around 2:00 and we spent the afternoon playing with new toys and opening presents from us and from family. He got a lot of really nice things and we're especially fond of the new Twins t-shirt with #7 on the back! Thanks, Uncle Mike! After a short nap (for me - 20 minutes on the couch) we went to AJ's for pizza and home to play a little Wii and more birthday cake. It was a great day and some great family time. Brian and I planned to watch a movie tonight but he's been asleep on the couch for about 2 1/2 hours so we'll try again later I guess. Though it's Golden Globe night tomorrow and Ricky Gervais is hosting. Worth tuning in just for him!
In other news, I think Andrew is Potty Trained!!!! Tomorrow marks one week of him telling us when he had to pee and for the part two days he's *everything* in the potty! Wooooohooooo! He even had his first outing without a pull-up. He went to dinner tonight in big boy underwear and did great. He does go to the bathroom many, many times a day so I need to be near a bathroom right now but that's okay. His little bladder will get stronger. I am thrilled!
Church in the morning and then another lazy day. After all that birthday cake today, 30 Day Shred had better find it's way into the afternoon! Happy Birthday, Jackson! I love you!!! I am remembering five years ago tonight I was in so much pain - horrible c-section pain, horrible carpal tunnel in both wrists, no sleep for over 72 hours - but was so, so happy! What a joy you've been!
1 comment:
What a gorgeous picture of all of those kids!!
Post a Comment