Sunday, March 20, 2011

Start Spreadin' the News!

I may be enjoying a week in Minnesota (with plummeting temperatures and the threat of snow later this week) but in less than three weeks Brian and I will be enjoying an amazing weekend in New York with our besties, Peg and Rob, WITHOUT any children. In less than three weeks I will be staying in a hotel WITHOUT my kids and enjoying the Broadway opening of Anything Goes. In less than three weeks I might get to meet Joel Grey. I. Am. Excited.

In the meantime, we left the balmy temps in Kansas to spend time with our families. We had a great drive up - our best yet. The kids were perfect and we made it in record time. It was our first drive without diapers and Andrew did great. I put him in a pull-up and he did have an accident while he was napping but honestly, it's gonna take a lot more than a wet diaper for me to wake Andrew up from a nap in the car. I read an entire book - Pioneer Woman's Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. (It's fantastic - especially if you love the Pioneer Woman like I do and like a great love story.)

Yesterday was a nice day - sunny and temps in the upper 50s - so we spent much of the day outside. Angela was here so she and I did our "big city" shopping. We ended the night watching K-State play a great game. It didn't end in our favor but we still love our Wildcats! It's been raining almost all day today and Andrew wasn't feel 100% so my mom and I took Jackson to a movie theatre in LaCrosse that was showing Tangled. What a great movie! I am going to be downloading some of those songs right away. Mandy Moore voiced and sang Rapunzel and was great. I almost didn't notice the strange way she sings her "t" sounds. If you are a singer, take a good listen. You'll agree with me. I've been able to keep up with my work-outs. Cotter (my high school and where my dad works) has a fantastic fitness center that has everything I need.

We don't have a lot planned for the rest of the week. The temps are supposed to get lower every day and there's snow in the forecast for Thursday-Sunday. Tomorrow may still be nice so we'll get outside again. The boys got a huge box from an appliance store and they have made themselves a clubhouse and they are completely entertained by it. Note to self: call Manhattan Appliance when I get back. Appliance-Box-Club-Houses are a big part of my childhood so I appreciate this. On Tuesday we'll try and get to the Children's Museum in LaCrosse. Brian and I will get a date night in one of these nights. That usually means a movie and Chinese food at the world's best Chinese restaurant.

I also just polished off my bottle of Skinny Girl Margarita so a trip to HyVee liquor is at the top of my list of To-Dos tomorrow.

The boys are so happy to be with Grandma and Grandpa. It is such a treat for all of us to be here. It may be cold outside but our hearts are warm. And that's not just the margarita talking.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

"World's best Chinese restaurant." Ummm...okay...if you say so.

And totally agree on those Ts (and I'm not even a real singer!). I noticed those T's when I took 5 kids to see that movie in the theater back in January. I had forgotten I'd noticed those T's until you mentioned it...but you are totally right!

Sitting at home now with long pants, long-sleeved shirt, casual around-the-house jacket and a really warm scarf around my neck. As I said to Dave, "68 degrees," in the house, that is, "does not feel like 68 after you've been in 88." Eager to get under the covers. Is it bedtime yet??

Heather said...

Okay, okay, okay....World's Best American Chinese Restaurant.

You can also feed two people for about $13. Brian and I had our first dinner date there and they really do have delicious cashew chicken.