Thursday, April 7, 2011

One sleep!!!

Twenty four hours from now we will be in NYC. At LaGuardia, but just a life-threatening cab ride away from Times Square!!! The forecast has changed and it looks like we're going to have great weather. Sunny and 53 on Saturday which is the day I really wanted some sun. Or at least not rain. It's going to be hot in The-Manhattan-I-Call-Home on Saturday - ninety one degrees and sunny. A treat for my Minnesota parents, I hope. They'll probably have to break in that new a.c.

My parents are on their way and will arrive tonight around 9:45. The house is almost totally clean. Our bedroom needs a little work since my parents will sleep there while we're gone. The guestroom is already clean but it's downstairs - too far from the kids. Let this be proof that the house really was clean for a while. It's been rainy and chilly all day and the boys are getting cabin fever. Several loads of laundry to finish but I have time. Meals are planned, notes for parents have been made, mail has been held, camera battery is charged, plane book has been purchased (Tina Fey's Bossypants - perfect!),I am almost done packing (traveling VERY light)which makes me READY TO GO!

The boys have each had their moment of tears that I am leaving for three days. I have fleeting moments of "What if our plane goes down?!?!" but I am confident we will make it back safely with promised NYC souvenirs in tow. "But NOT a t-shirt, Mom!"

On a personal note (as opposed to all the non-personal stuff in my blog?), when I joined the gym I made a goal to lose 10 pounds by our NYC weekend. I hit the 10 pound mark today!!!


One more sleep!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I hadn't checked in for awhile. Way to go on hitting that 10-pound mark! You look absolutely fabulous in all of the NYC pictures you posted to FB!