Monday, October 15, 2012

TGIM

We were a little off our game this weekend.  The boys were either at each others' throats or conspiring to drive us batty.  Meanwhile, Brian and I were seriously short of patience.  Dillon was just fine but not much in the mood for napping. Or sleeping in. Up at 4:45 on Saturday and 5:45 on Sunday.  He's doing great when it comes to going to sleep (almost no crying).  I am grateful for that but I'd love to get back to sleeping in until 7:00 a.m.

Brian and I did get a date night on Friday.  We saw Argo at the theatre and it was fantastic.  (Dad - you would love it.)  Then we went to 4 Olives for drinks, appetizers, and the best pumpkin cheesecake I've ever had. A fun and needed night out.

Saturday afternoon was Jackson's school carnival.  The boys had been looking forward to it all week.  Unfortunately, Andrew's behavior that morning required us to take the carnival away.  He had the rest of the day to earn it back but he didn't so we had to follow through.  No carnival for Andrew.  He was devastated, we felt terrible, but Andrew is a smart cookie.  Either we followed through and it was down hill from there.  Sunday evening we had Brian's entomology picnic at Tuttle Creek.  It was the perfect night for it and it was just gorgeous at the park.  It was a fun night but it triggered some really, really bad allergies for Andrew and now his eyes and nose are a goopy mess.  I was ready to settle down into the couch to watch The Good Wife last night at 8:00 but fell asleep at 8:20 and didn't wake up until 10:00.

How is it the middle of October already?  The big boys' Halloween costumes are purchased (cheap from Target( and Dillon's has been ordered from Etsy (more costly than Target but he's a baby and our last).  My parents are coming on Thursday (can't wait!!!) and we have plans for our favorite pumpkin patch and maybe the Konza.  The forecast looks great and hasn't this been the most beautiful fall?  Even amidst the seemingly never-ending sibling bickering, driving around Manhattan right now is a treat.  The trees are spectacular.

Two randoms to close for the night:
* This morning the boys were eating breakfast quietly so I ran to my room to "get ready" (gym clothes, pony tail, hat). A minute later the fighting started and I began my count down. 3.....2......1.....enter Jackson.
"Mooooooooom, I was playing with this first and then......(pause for a toot)........Andrew grabbed and said THAT'S MINE!"

I burst out laughing.  "Did you seriously just pause your tattle to TOOT?!"  He did not think it was funny at all and tried to continue the tattle which just made me laugh harder.  Dude, no one is going to take a tattle seriously if you pause to toot.  Life lesson. 

*I gave myself a shot today.  I used the water that is mixed with growth hormone.  I wanted to feel what Dillon feels.  I was happy to discover that I felt virtually nothing.  The boys were cheering me on because I was very nervous to stick myself.  They said, "Do it, Mama!  Do it!  Do it for Dillon!"  Cute!  They wanted to know if I was going to scream and cry. Ha!


2 comments:

julie said...

BRAVO following through with Andrew's punishment. I know how painful that is for everyone.

Kristin said...

Pausing to toot? That is a life lesson -- if you're SERIOUS and really need help with your brother's transgression, no mere toot is going to interrupt it.

The life lesson about only tooting in private will come later, I guess! ;)

(PS - I have had the weirdest code "words" to prove I'm not a robot lately!).