Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Technically, it's already 2013, but while I haven't written here in weeks, it's been a big year and homage must be paid.

I am not sure how to sum up the year.  It can't be summed up, I guess.  We have Dillon though and man, that kid is so amazing.  He stayed up tonight to ring in the new year with us. 

Today we received a Christmas card and hand written letter from Dillon's neonatologist in the nicu, Dr. Oshodi. It said:

Dear Brian, Heather, Jackson, Andrew and Dillon

Just a note to say how much I loved receiving your Christmas card....VERY MUCH!!
Thank you for having me on your list.  I had a huge smile on my face and such warmth in my heart seeing your superhero Dillon.  There is such a priceless joy seeing them grow.  I thank you, Brian and Heather, for being such strong parents, and am grateful that I could be a little part of Dillon's early beginning.....

That made my whole Christmas. 

My resolutions:
1.  More water and tea, less coffee.
2. Maintaining a skin care regimen.  I don't even use moisturizer and it's time.  Nothing expensive - it needs to come from Target.  A little eye cream, night cream, spf moisturizer.
3.  More joy, less worry.  I am starting the book, The Happiness Project.  I'd love to spend less time in 2013 feeling like I am on the edge of losing it all the time.

And with that, some wisdom for a mediocre blogger (me) that really ring true.



No comments: