My parents were here from Friday until today. I told my mom I felt like I slept the whole time they were here but I needed it. I napped every day and slept in every morning but Sunday. And I was still exhausted tonight and fell asleep as soon as the boys went to bed. The kids had so much fun with them. They were pretty sad today. They were doing pretty well right after they left. We went to the gym right away and on the way back home Andrew said, "I was feeling kind of sad at the gym, Mama." I looked at him in my mirror and his lip was quivering and his eyes filled with tears. And the rest of the day was a bit like that. Finally at 3:30 we took a trip to Varsity Donuts for treats and games and then to the park. They were in bed at 7:30. Brian and I got a date night in last night....dinner at Harry's. Salmon and blackberry mojitos. It's a pricey dinner but worth every penny - so good!
Tomorrow we're going to the gym in the morning and then bowling with friends. I'm trying to come up with some fun things to do for the rest of spring break. I stopped at a hotel in town to purchase a family year pass for their swimming pool. It's a warm pool and would be something fun for us to do together. It's only $100 for the whole family for the year. Or rather, it used to be. Turns out the hotel has been bought by the Sheraton and is undergoing a makeover. The pool will remain the same but it now costs $550 for a family pass. What?! We were really looking forward to that but not for that price tag. I'm still annoyed.
Dillon has four teeth now! Poor guy got four teeth in two weeks. That's a lot, right? Seems like it to me. I suspect he's working on more or maybe his one year molars because his nose and mouth are non-stop dripping and he wakes from his sleep crying at strange times. He weighs 17 pounds 8 ounces now so he's gained good weight since he was in the hospital. He is eating anything and everything now. He has OT scheduled for next week but he doesn't need it. He is doing just fine.
Time for bed. Here's a link to a great blog post that Kristin shared with me:
1 comment:
$100 --> $550? Good grief!
So glad you had such a wonderful visit with your parents. It's always awful when my parents leave/we leave there. Last summer Danielle was sobbing as we were getting ready to say goodbye to my mother at the beach. :-(
Post a Comment