You can get anything on Etsy! They had exactly what I wanted for a Superhero Pop Art themed party!
Even personalized water bottle wraps!
And cupcake toppers!
And Superhero D Shields!
And welcome signs that likely used all of our printer ink. Suddenly not such an economical choice.
Balloon bouquets.
Three layer chocolate cake for the adults with cream cheese frosting. Gumballs along the bottom.
Birthday boy with his cheerios appetizer.
I love this nose wrinkle!
Super Dillon!
Happy parents!
Getting sleepy. Just a little rest after pizza before playtime and cake!
I requested no gifts for Dillon. My amazing friends showed up with gifts for me instead.
I was not expecting that but at the same time I am not surprised. The most generous, kind, loving, funny, wise, fun people I know! There was bottles of wine, chocolate, my favorite Keurig chai, a new travel cup, a rice pad for my sore neck and shoulders, a beautiful shirt, family pass to the zoo, gift certificates for massage and to our favorite restaurants. It was amazing. And a beautiful toast from Kristin was a party highlight.
Mmmmm....beer.
Dillon with his God Sisters
Frosting!
The party was kind of magical. Everyone had such a great time. There is something about Dillon - something about the way he brings people together. It was a beautiful, warm night and the kids only came in the house to eat. Andrew came into my room at 1:30 a.m. sobbing because "I had so much fun and I don't want Dillon's birthday party to be over." You remember those nights as a kid, playing outside in the dark, how it was so fantastically fun that you didn't want it to end. That's how last night was for the kids. At one point, while we were having cake, we looked outside and saw fireworks! It was closing night for the K-State baseball team but we liked to pretend it was just for Dillon. Dillon had so much fun, too. He was going strong until we left at 10:15. The adults all had a great time, too. I think we are all looking forward to a summer of fun get-togethers. I'm so grateful for everyone who made it such a special birthday. What a year. That deserves to be repeated. WHAT. A. YEAR. Love you, Dillon! xoxo























1 comment:
"Not such an economical choice." So true...but they were absolutely adorable. Just perfect!
Post a Comment