Yesterday was Andrew's last day of preschool. He's been crying about it for three days. He still insists that it was a horrible day because it was the last day. I've been reassuring him that we'll have plenty of play dates this summer and that he's doing lots of activities with his buddies, but he's our social butterfly. He liked having three guaranteed play dates a week. And good ones - not like the ones at our house where they have to be careful not to wake Dillon and where Mommy gets irritated when they get out the musical instruments or want to paint. Here's Andrew and his buddy E. They've been going to this preschool together since they were one.
This was the two of them at Andrew's 2nd birthday party.
Where did that time go? Kindergarten next year!
Today was Jack's field day at school. We were there for about 2 1/2 hours this morning watching their events. It ended up being a beautiful morning and I had lots of friends to talk to so fun was had by all. Jack wanted to win some events and he had a great time!
AND! Dillon walked tonight!!! He's been so close for a couple days and tonight, after the big boys went to bed, he took two steps, two separate times. We, of course, went nuts and he plopped down and started clapping for himself. Way to go, Dillon! He also matched pitch today. If you're a singer, this is big news. If you're a singer and the parent of a child who may or may not have some hearing issues, this is fantastic news!
I need to get to bed. We started a running group. A few friends who run about the same pace but are not super hard-core. But we do it. We get up 3 times a week and meet at 6 a.m to run long enough to be home by 7:00. I hate it at 5:40 a.m. but I love it once I'm there and I reallllly love it when I get home and have my workout done before the kids get up. Tomorrow is a run AND boot camp. G'night!



3 comments:
Running group is the way to go, great accountability, I have a hard time running by myself and usually take Strudel, good job girl!
I would be sad about preschool being over too, Im already tearing up about moving up to 1st grade,
kindergarten is the best!
love looking at old pics too:)
Go JV running group! I am like Andrew, need my playdates that I can count on. And way to go Dillon. Pretty sure I can't match pitch, that is impressive!
I don't know how I missed this for so many days! And I did not know that you were doing a running group. I would hate it at 5:40 too. Just don't know if I could do it! But it sounds great -- how fantastic to have a group in which everyone likes the same pace. Perfect!
Post a Comment