Monday, March 3, 2014

WTF? (Where's The Finish?)

I've started running again.  A few of us did a 5K on Saturday called the Diva Dash.  It is a super fun concept but it's really unfortunate that it was 20 degrees.  Not horrible running weather but it is hardly motivating either. My asthmatic lungs do not agree with that kind of cold so while I was able to run my gym pace, I felt pretty terrible during the last half and really slowed down during the last mile. I crossed the finish line and walked straight to the van for my inhaler.  My legs like to run but my lungs slow me down.  We were rewarded with a great brunch and hot tubbing at Julie's when we were finished.


A friend of mine is training for a marathon.  Yesterday was an 18 mile day for her but it had snowed and was about zero degrees outside so she had to run them on a treadmill.  She asked a couple of us to meet her at the gym to run with her and help pass the time.  I met her at 8:30 and we did about 7 1/2 miles together. No, that's not accurate.  I did 7 1/2 miles (ran five of them, walked the rest) while she ran about 10 or 11 in the same amount of time.  Girl is a goooood runner.  Gym was our church yesterday and it was a great substitute.  We have fantastic conversations on the treadmill several times a week - thoughtful, funny.  I think we should write a book on our musings of parenting and marriage and life in your 30s. (Clock's ticking.) And I am thrilled that *so far* my feet don't hurt.  The last time I ran regularly was while I trained for a 10K and by the end of that, my plantar fasciitis was so bad that I had to crawl to the bathroom in the mornings.  I've got new running shoes that are really the right shoe for my feet.  I'm not even wearing my inserts.  So far, so good.  

It was a cold weekend and we're in for a cold couple more days but the end of the week looks nice.  This week kicks off Brian's Out of Town Month.  It's a rough one.  I'm mentally prepared though and we'll make the best of it.  The kids learned in school how March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb and have been referencing that a lot.  It's hard to believe Dillon will be two in a month.  Just ask him - he'll tell you.  
Enjoying a cinnamon role from Radina's.  Just wait until they open the new bakery, Dillon!  





No comments: