Thursday, July 17, 2014

Yada yada

The bigs are at a friend's house and Dillon is napping.  Here's a super quick catch up of the summer between June 5th and July 17th.

June and most of July were filled with golf, baseball, K-State basketball camp, a day at football camp, MHS basketball camp, library, lots of swimming, plenty of Minecraft, lunches out, batting cages, a day at the hospital, a week of hand foot mouth, and brotherly love/fighting.  No happy medium with these two - it's one or the other.

Jack and Andrew with K-State head football coach, Bill Snyder.  Brian was pretty excited about this picture. The kids had a great day at this camp.  

Andrew's K-State basketball camp group listening to head coach, Bruce Weber.



Jackson's basketball camp group.  He was youngest in the older kids' group this year which was a bit of a learning experience for him in terms of aggressive playing.  It was good for him.  It's difficult to teach an 8 year old why they should be kind and polite in life but it's okay to be aggressive and a little rough on the basketball court.

I ran a 5K at home in MN the day of my reunion.  Beautiful day for running.

Some of the offspring of the class of 94.  

I graduated with 48 people - 40 girls, 8 guys.  Not many of us made it home for the reunion (some members of the class of 93 pictured here too as we were all very close friends) but it was so great to see those that made it.  These are very smart and good people. I'm very proud of my high school experience and class.  

Brian and I before the dinner.

Father's Day - Brian, my dad, and the boys

The boys with their two cousins.  

Dillon got a quick summer bug but even little bouts of stomach flu are dangerous for him.  He needed his emergency shot at home.  That is an IM injection of liquid steroids called Solu-Cortef that keeps his blood sugar from tanking and gives him the steroids his body needs to function until he gets to the ER for IV fluids and glucose and more steroids if needed.  He spent the day in the hospital and we were both very grateful we didn't have to stay overnight.  He is so brave.  Poor guy is old enough now to know what's coming when he's throwing up.  It's heartbreaking that he knows the emergency room well enough to cry when he sees the doors. 

The high school basketball camp. This was a great camp.  The new head coach and high school players really taught these kids a lot and worked them hard.  Moms of boys say "hooray!" to that.  I wish they help a couple of these during the summer. 

Mom and D during one of our many trips to the pool.  Dillon lost some weight while he was sick.  His little face is so skinny here.

July 3rd at the pre-4th party fun!

I ran a 5K in Junction City with my friends Rob and Travis and a bunch of other guys.  There was supposed to be a female contingency but they bailed.  It was an early start time - 7 a.m.  It was Travis and Rob's first race.  Rob ran the race and then went home to get ready to bring Kate to the hospital to have a baby.

Fourth of July cuteness.  I can hardly stand it.  Kid can rock a hat and loves them.

A gorgeous day at the pool with friends.

What a cute bunch.  Look at the innocence in those eyes.  They have no idea that a bunch of them are going to have Hand Foot Mouth in a few days.  

Our holiday yard flag that I LOVE

More cuties.  I love 4th of July pictures.  Great color.

Some of the best women I know. 
Kate and Rob's baby!  I love her.  Prepare to be spoiled, sweet girl!

Andrew's last t-ball game with Coach Brian in the background.  He had so much fun.  They both did.

Keeping his hands, feet, and mouth inside.  What a long week. Ugh.  I hope we don't have to go through that again.  So hard to be stuck inside in the summertime. 

We spent lots of time in the tub so give him something to do.

Enough, Mom!

Jackson at the batting cages.  The kids do golf through First Tee of Manhattan.  There are lots of other perks in that program including use of the batting cages for free in June and July.  We really appreciate and use that bonus! 

Dillon loves hanging out at the batting cages.  As long as I feed him mints, he's happy to cheer on his brothers. "Watch the ball, Jack!"  





No comments: