Two weeks ago I was so distraught that the kids were headed back to school so early. I woke up today feeling like we were all ready. And right now? I'm ready to see if they'll take Andrew tomorrow.
We finished our back to school shopping today with shoes and backpacks. I'm having really special feelings towards the college student working at Hibbett Sports who told Andrew - after I said that I was not spending $80 on a backpack for a 1st grader - he'd be the coolest 1st grader in school if his mom bought him the $80 gold Nike backpack. Even Andrew wasn't buying into that. Jackson whispered, "Mom, I'm pretty sure that guy only said that because he's trying to get you to buy the backpack." And look how it didn't work! Off to Dick's instead. We'd planned to hit the pool this afternoon but Dillon has one of his fevers that are probably nothing but he needed to nap first and see. I'm trying to keep the kids quiet but Andrew is putting up a strong fight. This Mama is ready for a little personal space and regular gym time.
We got back from MN on Tuesday night and Brian headed out of town Wednesday morning which means I'm still avoiding the grocery store. Can I make it until Friday night, I wonder? I'd do almost anything to avoid taking all three to the grocery store. I walk in with calm resolve and I walk out ready to give them away to the first taker. I will likely compromise with Icees at Target. That's not a compromise at all though. I don't get to go to a real grocery store. I still have to bring all three kids. And they get treats as a bribe to act civilized. (throws up hands in defeat)
Up next: pictures from the last two weeks
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment