I have no idea how to catch up so here's a brief re-cap of what's happened since January 16th:
*Andrew turned 7.
Huge thanks to Julie for letting us use her pool. Easiest and best birthday party ever.
Birthday celebration in first grade. These two brothers are having growing pains but look at the way D watches Andrew....total adoration.
*We discovered the Purple Cow at Call Hall on campus. Vanilla ice cream with grape Crush. Yum.
*Another ER visit for Dillon.
Dillon's had a rough winter with illness. It's been a lot of colds, something that presented like the flu (complete with 105.3 fever that really scared me), asthma issues and appointments at CMH (but good news - no food allergies!), and an ear infection that hung on for two weeks. Dillon reached his insurance deductible in five weeks. As always, we're continually grateful for the skilled and kind doctors in Manhattan that take such good care of Dillon. I wrote on Facebook that I had a moment during this ER visit where I observed myself giving some medical background on Dillon and describing that day's events and was so calm and collected and frankly, knowledgeable, that I thought for a moment I should have considered medical school.
*Dillon had his preschool speech evaluation and registered for preschool in the fall.
Yeah, Dillon is ready and needs preschool but me? Don't even want to talk about it.
Here's Mister Bossy at speech. He plays along for a short time and then goes back to calling the shots.
*Then we were off on our incredible vacation to Hawaii but that deserves its own post.
*We wrapped up Jackson's basketball season. He had such a fantastic time. They ended on a high note when they won all three games and got gold medals. They are a wonderful group of kids and Brian and I are so grateful for their coaches. One of them took special time with Jackson to work on his nerves and anxiety and it is helping a lot. It's so special when you find someone who not only understands your kid but wants to help him too. He was so sad when we got home after this tournament. I reminded him that he'll be playing baseball with most of these boys in no time.
*Yesterday we celebrated the birthday of Dr. Seuss in 1st grade. The moms in our class put together some fun crafts and treats and decorations. The holiday parties aren't my favorite but I thought this one was really fun.
I made this door decoration - a Pinterest find. I think it turned out pretty cute.
Andrew with his Lorax mustache.
Themed treats
Truffula Trees. Aren't these adorable? I think they'd be so cute in a kids' playroom.
That leads us up to March 3rd. We got Andrew all signed up for baseball yesterday and got emails that we can sign up for K-State ball camps and buy city pool passes. Once all the dollar signs cleared I could see summer just around the corner. It had better warm up here or I'm going back to Hawaii.
It is physically painful to look at this picture. I wanna go baaaaack......














2 comments:
Thank you, Gretchen, for hinting! Because I was getting tired of looking at iPhone Friday too!
As for the Purple Cow, when I saw it on Facebook, I thought it was vanilla and chocolate ice cream with Grape Crush. Yuck. Yuckyuckyuck. But just vanilla ice cream? I don't like Grape soda, but I can at least understand the appeal of it without the chocolate ice cream!
And finally...The trees! The trees! The Truffula Trees! You remembered the name. Hooray!
all I had to do was ask? I'd like a daily post then. with coupons for shoes.
Post a Comment