Well, look at that. Six weeks gone since I last posted. I haven't really had a moment to come up for air, to tell you the truth. In that period, I'm proud to say I made my Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts debut at the piano. I accompanied the K-State choirs as they performed Carmina Burana with the Kansas City Ballet. It was a big undertaking. I probably would have backed out if I'd known how much practice room time it was going to mean for me. I'm relieved I didn't know because I'm really glad I did this. It was stressful and scary and exhilarating and I'd do it again! It's always a treat to work the K-State music department. They are full of talent, professionalism, gratitude, heart, and fun. Have I mentioned that I love my job?
And we're now finished with our second weekend of performances of Chicago. I am really proud of this show. It took a lot of work, but it came together so smoothly. I'd never felt so ready to open a show - from all angles of production. We were all prepared and ready. We were blessed with such a dedicated and talented cast. Wow! And the audiences are loving it which is always a thrill. This is absolutely the most fun I've ever had with a role. Roxie is sassy and foul mouthed and sexy and manipulative and mean and I LOVE HER. The monologue before the song "Roxie" is my favorite stage moment of all time. Not to mention dancing Hot Honey Rag every night. What a dream. I could do this show for a long, long time. We have one more weekend of performances which is heart breaking but we won't go there yet. I'm going to enjoy being Roxie for another week.
(Some pics from our newspaper)
During Funny Honey
My Own Best Friend
Action shot: Roxie
I've got an expressive face. Was this really the best expression to capture???






No comments:
Post a Comment