Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Three Months

Sorry, Andrew. It's 5 days past your three month birthday but this was the first chance I got to write your birthday note.

You are really growing now! You are almost outgrowing some of your 3-6 month clothes. I think you are going to be really tall. You LOVE to smile and coo - especially on your changing table. Daddy calls it your confessional because when we put you on it you just start talking and talking. You are happy to be held by anyone but you are always looking around for me. You also found your hands last week and you chew on your fingers like you haven't been fed in days. You try to get as many fingers in your mouth as you can. You are sleeping really well at night. Sometimes you get up once and sometimes you sleep until 5:00 or 5:30. I think it won't be long and you will be sleeping all night all the time. You are more and more amused by your brother. I wonder what you are thinking when Jackson talks to you in that goofy voice! Jackson is kind of in an anti-baby phase but I know that will pass. There are times he wants to hold you and times he sees you as an intruder who is taking up his mama's lap. This morning though he was calling you "honey" and asking how you slept. Too cute.

We move to Kansas on Friday. I find it sad that you and your brother will not remember that you were born in St. Paul. We are ready for a new city, but I love St. Paul and am proud that we lived here for 6 1/2 years. I am also proud that I have lived most of my life in Minnesota. I wonder if you will grow up thinking that about Kansas. I hope wherever you are that you feel happy and safe. When we get to Kansas I will be a stay-at-home mom! I have never not worked outside the home. I am really excited about it and am looking forward to all the time we will have to do fun things together. I know your dad is so excited that our family will get to be together with both parents there. We've spent most days tag-team parenting so one of you was always with one of us. It will be fun for all of us to have both of us there.

This is a busy week getting ready for the big move. I am sad to leave my friends and family in Minnesota but as long as I have you and Jackson and your Dad with me I can be happy anywhere. The next time I write your letter we will be Kansans!

I love you,
Mama

No comments: