It's April 26th and it's freakin' snowing. Come on! Enough already! We had a glimpse of spring this week with a day in the 70's and now it's...well, cold enough to snow. (which incidentally is a great song by S. Schwartz for all you musical theatre geeks)
We are going to start packing today. I am surrounded by boxes as I type. Brian went to work to print off some labels for the boxes but he just called to tell me he left his work keys at home. I think he secretly just wanted to go to Caribou. :) Our packing company called on Thursday to say that they could either deliver our things to our house in Kansas a day early (on Sunday) or we would have to wait until Wednesday. It cuts down on our cleaning time in St. Paul, but we chose Sunday. It will be nice to have Brian home when they deliver our stuff. Otherwise he would be at work and it would be just me with the boys and Roxie. And this way we just have to spend one night in the hotel.
We had two parties this week. On Thursday we got together at the Sutherland's with the Gronaus, Eckes-Stordalens, Timm and Steven, Kevin, and Becca and Ted. And all the kids. It was great food and great company. Last night we had dinner with some Luther friends. I left early to get Jackson to bed and then my sister came over and we watched Juno. Good movie. Speaking of movies, have I mentioned Forgetting Sara Marshall yet? If you need to laugh, go see this movie. It is worth spending the money and seeing it in a theatre. It's that funny. Really, I would see it again. I was laughing at home the next day just thinking about it. It is along the lines of Knocked Up and Super Bad - certainly crude but not quite as offensive.
Okay. Time to get to work. Nothing on the agenda today but packing and cleaning. We have an open house tomorrow so we are packing things that are in closets or cupboards. Then we can start taking things off the walls and repairing nail holes.
To quote Paul Rudd in Forgetting Sara Marshall, "Oh the weather outside is...weather."
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment