Thursday, June 26, 2008

Am I making you dizzy?

Sorry about all the blog template changes! I am trying to decide what I want this blog to look like. The last one just wasn't me. I have found this woman who makes personalized blog templates (click here to see her work) and they are so beautiful but kind of spendy. Not something I can really afford to splurge on-even though she is having a sale through the 4th of July. I wish I knew how to do it myself. I was thinking about cheating and taking a digital photo of a page I really like in one of my scrapbooks and then just uploading that onto this site. We'll see.

It's just me and the kids this weekend. Brian is in MN for a funeral and will probably be back on Sunday. This is also the weekend of Country Stampede in Manhattan. It's like Country Jam in Eau Claire for my UWEC readers. If I had friends and a babysitter, I would love to go see Sugarland on Friday night and Rascall Flats on Saturday night. Manhattan has 50,000 residents and there are about 160,000 people that come to Country Stampede. I have been warned to stay away from the east side and more specifically, WAL MART. Ick. You don't have to tell me twice. I was told that this is where Alabama goes on vacation. Ha ha ha! I thought that was funny! I hope they stay away from Target because I need to get diapers tomorrow.

I drove through the neighborhoods that had a lot of tornado damage. Woah. It's chilling to see. (Random thought: The word Chilling makes me think of Evita. There is a line when Juan Peron says to Eva, "This talk of death is chilling." But we thought it sounded like, "This taco tastes like chili.") Anyway...it made me even more grateful that we came out unscratched.

Anyone watching So You Think You Can Dance? It's good again. My favorite dancers are Twitch and Kherrington. I also love Will. If you haven't seen it, check it out!

Have I mentioned that I'm not eating sugar or red meat again? The red meat just for health reasons and the sugar cuz I'm just feeling bloated and sluggish. I am doing quite well. I broke down and had a Coke after Brian left today because I was feeling really lonely out here by myself in Kansas. It was very satisfying.

We went to the band shell in Manhattan's City Park to hear the municipal band on Tuesday night. Jackson really liked it and totally clapped along in rhythm - even when it got really fast! I love that! It brought back memories of going to the band shell in Winona when I was little. I loved doing that. I guess the Army Band from Fort Riley is going to play one of these weeks. I'm told they are fantastic. At night when I take Roxie out to go to the bathroom before bed, I can hear what I assume are guns at Fort Riley. I need to ask around and see if that's what it is.

That's all for now. Please say prayers that our house sells. We haven't had any action on it since we left. I will really feel like I can settle here once we aren't homeowners in St. Paul.

Jackson said this week, "Mama, that's the coolest I ever saw!" I love this kid!

No comments: