An update on Brian's Dad -
He had an almost three hour angiogram this morning (they usually take 45 minutes) and came out of it with 6 stents in his heart. According to the doctor this does not make things better or worse. It is just what it is. I know, 6 seemed like a lot to me too, but I guess that is just a detail. They are not talking about surgery which is a huge relief. He will be in the hospital in Minneapolis for several days recovering. He is a lucky man. Do people usually survive three heart attacks? I don't know. I don't like Dr. Phil. In fact, I can't stand his show. But I remember several years ago before his show sold out, he made a comment that he didn't really know what it meant to be married to someone until his wife's Dad died. For some reason, I don't know why, that always stuck with me. I kept thinking over and over last night that I was not ready to find out if that would be true for me. He will need to make some changes in his life - in body, mind, and spirit. The doctors feel that these stents should be successful as long as he follows the rules. Those of you who know Mike know that he doesn't really like to follow the "rules." I want him to know my kids so I hope he is able to find peace with this new normal. I hope it will help us all. Help us to be aware of our health and to act responsibly now. I know I haven't been lately. Very little exercise and my food pyramid has been really heavy on the comfort food list. Anyway, please keep the prayers coming that he continues with a gentle recovery. Thank you!
Andrew had his 6 month check-up today. He hasn't grown much which is okay since he was HUGE at his 4 month check-up. He is in the 68% for height and weight. Jackson did this too - at 6 months he slowed down a little. I am thrilled with our new pediatrician. In fact, we might be friends. She just finished her residency at the Children's Hospital in Kansas City and is probably close to my age or a couple years younger. I went there with a good feeling about her. I wasn't super excited about the two other pediatricians we saw and really wanted someone who I felt cared about my kids. And if I got a good vibe from her, I was going to talk to her about Post Partum Depression. I think I am dealing with that. Nothing too serious, don't worry. I've just got a lot of stress factors right now and when combined with baby hormones...yikes! Lotsa tears and lotsa sad days. Anyway, she was so nice and actually started talking about how she was new too and didn't know anyone and just wanted to go to a movie with someone. So I said, "I'LL go to a movie with you!" And she said, "Seriously? Let's do it? What night is good for you?" So we're going to go see Mamma Mia sometime this week. And she invited me to her Book It Book Club. Remember Book It? She is having some of her friends from Kansas City over and we'll all bring a book to exchange. And then go to Pizza Hut and eat Personal Pan Pizzas. She even ordered Book It buttons. How cute is that? That's on the 23rd and since my birthday is the 24th I will pretend it's my party. :) So, I never got around to talking about PPD with her, but I might get a night out which is good medicine too.
Jackson went to Brian's work today while Andrew and I went to the clinic. They had fun and I think Jackson felt like a big boy and pretty special for that time with Brian. In the car on the way home he said, "Mama, can I watch a cartoon while you make lunch?" I told him yes but when we got home I got a phone call and about 15 minutes went by and I hadn't turned on the cartoon yet. Jackson finally marched over to me and said, "Mama! Caillou is going to be over and I am going to be SO MAD."
Caillou, by the way, is my least favorite cartoon and he rarely gets to watch it.
Thanks again for your prayers.
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment