Sunday, November 2, 2008

In Repose

Sadly, my piano professor, Penelope Cecchini, lost her husband this morning to a long batter with cancer. I heard from her last week that they hoped for 2 - 4 months. I played the piano for 11:00 mass this morning. For some reason I got nervous right before I started the prelude. My thoughts went to Prof. C. for strength and I said a quick prayer for Penelope and Andrea, that they might have more time. Andrea passed while I was playing that song. The lyrics are as follows:

I Can Only Imagine

I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By your side

I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When your face
Is before me
I can only imagine

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine

I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I find myself
Standing in the Son

I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever
Forever worship You
I can only imagine

I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever, forever worship you
I can only imagine


Painting by Andrea Cecchini

No comments: