Wednesday, November 12, 2008

MOVE THAT BUS!





Extreme Home Makeover is it town! They are doing a house in Chapman, KS - about 30 miles from us. It was hit by the same tornado that hit Manhattan five months ago today. Most of the businesses helping out are from Manhattan and the crew is staying at the Holiday Inn - or so I hear. Yesterday was the day they announced the lucky receiver of a new home. He was injured in Iraq - has major brain injury. He has a wife and 4 kids and a nephew that live with him. The lot they are putting the house on is not very big so I bet they will build UP rather than out. Anyway, today is day 2 but they haven't even begun construction. We got there in time to see the work crew and Fort Riley soldiers lining up to film the march down the street that kicks off the whole show. We weren't allowed to get in a good sight line because of filming and we had to stay across the street because eventually they were going to set off a canon and they didn't want people close to it. Surprisingly, there were very few people there. There were a lot of school kids there for a while, but not a whole lot happening so the teachers took them back to class. It should be noted that the kids go to school in trailers right now because the tornado destroyed the buildings.

We got to see, but not meet, Ty, Paige, Michael, Ed, and Paul. All by favorites! I heard Eduardo was there as well but I didn't see him. I will post pictures but I didn't have a very good zoom lens so they are pretty far away. I did get a good shot of Paige and Michael. Any time you see a pink coat it's Paige. A red plaid flannel shirt is Ty. A black stocking hat is Paul. Michael is wearing a lot of make-up. And I don't know if I got a good shot of Ed.

The boys and I are going to MN tomorrow so we will miss the rest of the week. Shoot! We're thinking about going back tonight after dinner to see if anything else is happening. We will drive by in a couple weeks and see the finished house.

In the meantime, enjoy the pictures.

No comments: