Wednesday, May 20, 2009

5 Minutes

The pee timer is on so I have 5 minutes to write a post. We're making progress in the potty-training department. Dare I even say that? For the past three days, Jack pees as soon as we sit him on the toilet. He certainly doesn't go there willingly and there are still some tears if I am involved in the process (Jack's tears, not mine) but they are fewer than before. Our most recent bribe: he gets to use potty talk while he's on the toilet. I do not allow potty talk otherwise. We read stories and substitute potty-talk words and if that's not the FUNNIEST THING HE'S EVER HEARD! The tears quickly turn into heaps of giggles.
"And the bear feels....POOPY!"
"Brown bear, brown bear what do you see? I see POOPY looking at me!"
"Poopy to the left, poopy to the right, poopy, poopy, poopy, poopy, poopy!"

You get the idea. Hilarious isn't it?

Sigh.

(Timer went off. Another successful potty visit. No tears!)

What did y'all think of American Idol last night? (Yes, I'm adding y'all to my vocabulary) I thought Adam totally out-performed Kris, but I think I hope Kris wins. It will be better for Kris' career to win whereas Adam will be just fine. Overall, I thought the final performances were a little dull and that last song? Ugh. They both sounded not-so-great but who can blame them? I wish I could have read Adam's mind while he had to keep singing, "No boundaries, no boundaries..." I actually would like to read his mind while he's getting comments from the judges as well. I get the feeling he thinks Randy, Paula, and Kara are ridiculous and knows Simon is the only one saying anything constructive or significant. Anyway, I wish they would get rid of that "special song" that's written just for the winner. It's never good. The only one that was memorable was Kelly Clarkson's song - Moment Like This. The rest of them have been duds and no one sounds good singing them. One more remark about Kris. His second song - what was it called? - was great. It was a perfect fit for his voice, I thought the arrangement was great, it was a smart choice. And he didn't choose it. The creator of American Idol picked it. So JUDGES, don't tell him it wasn't a great song choice or "big enough for this night" when he didn't make that decision. He got the song and sang it appropriately. IMHO.

I found a lost dog yesterday. Roxie was looking out the front window and I noticed when she perked up at something. I looked out and there was a dog sniffing around our yard. I didn't recognize it and thought it looked like a puppy (maybe about 20 pounds) so I went out slowly with a leash. It let me walk right up to it and hook the leash on. He had an ID tag with a phone number so I called and left a message. While we waited for his owner, Buddy and I sat in the driveway. He was the sweetest, most gentle dog I've ever met. I kind of wanted to keep him. Because I was just thinking that what I REALLY needed was another living thing to take care of.
Anyway, Buddy just sat next to me for about 30 minutes until his owner came and got him. Buddy ran a long way...he lives by campus which is a good 7 minute drive. He was happily reunited with his owner. Buddy is a shiba imu (sp?) and has been added to our list of favorite dogs.

We are having amazing weather this week. Cool, bright mornings and warm afternoons. Today's agenda includes a trip to the library ("...has made a new girl of me, for suddenly I can see the magic of books!" Name that musical - go!) and a trip to the park and maybe even a trip to Call Hall at K-State for lunch.

I hear MN is hot this week....like 95 degrees hot. Enjoy!

No comments: