Jackson has developed a new side lately that is equal parts wit and sass and sarcasm and stinker. For example:
I am in my room. I hear Andrew take off running down the hall. Then I hear Jackson running faster. I hear a door slam. I hear Andrew start to cry. I come out of my room and see Jackson blocking the door to his room with Andrew sitting on the floor in tears. Knowing exactly what happened, I say:
Jackson, do you think you needed to be so rude?
He thinks about this for approximately 2.3 seconds and says:
Mama, you didn't even see it.
Stunned silence follows because dang it, he's right.
Proof that we have another musical genius on our hands:
This week is flying by. I went to the doctor today...just to establish care with a general physician because I hadn't done that here yet. She was fantastic. Very nice and friendly and she seemed to genuinely care that I was there to see her. I saw three different physicians in St. Paul and they were cranky, crankier, and crankiest. Never did any of them give a hoot that my allergy problems were having a significant effect on my singing. This new doctor took one look at my sheet I filled out and said, "Ok. We need to get more aggressive with your allergy problems. And we don't want you all hopped up on medicine all the time so we're going to try a few things." I could have kissed her. So, I have a new nasal spray, a new pill (Singulair) to try, and a neti pot. I should video tape my first attempt at that because I'm sure it will be full of gagging and snorting. I also got a referral for a dermatologist. I need to get my moles checked. It seems every time I turn on the computer or t.v. or talk to someone, I hear about skin cancer. I've been meaning to get checked out for a couple years and I don't want to put it off anymore. Growing up on the Mississippi, I have had many years of sun damage.
We've decided kind of last minute to spend next weekend in St. Louis. We've been meaning to get there to visit some Luther friends for a year now and we're finally making it happen. It's going to be a quick trip and very low budget, but it should be fun. We'll drive next Friday morning and have Friday afternoon, all day Saturday, and a little time on Sunday.
It's late and Andrew is an early riser again. 6:15 comes too soon.
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment