Brian left on Saturday morning for a three week work trip to Australia. He's in Canberra this week, Perth next week, and Cairns for the third and final week. I would have loved to have gone with him but that's an awfully long plane ride for a pregnant woman and it's a very expensive plane ticket. He's working on a grant and if it's funded, it's an eight year (I think) project so maybe there will be another chance to go.
All that means that the boys and I and baby-on-board are on our own for three weeks. We are off to a rough start. I've got a bad sinus infection which has made a crabby mom. Thank the lord Kate has been able to graciously take the boys Sunday for most of the day and again today all afternoon and she even made them dinner. It really, really helped. I was able to spend that entire time on the couch. I went to the doctor this morning and had to have a breathing treatment because my lungs were so tight. I started an antibiotic and now I'll pray that it's strong enough to knock this sinus infection out quickly. I feel like we get the milder ones when pregnant.
Jackson didn't have school today and I'm afraid it may make drop-off tomorrow difficult again. He was asking me last night if he could stay home tomorrow. Or as he says, "the next day." He still hasn't picked up time words like tomorrow, yesterday, or in a couple days. Everything is "the next day." He's also about to lose a tooth and he's anxious about that as well. He's very concerned about what he'll do with the tooth if it falls out at school, if there will be a lot of blood, if everyone will laugh at him when there's a big space. Jackson requires an increase in patience and understanding lately. Poor kid worries about everything. He is the "star of the week" next week and is worried about how he'll be embarrassed when he is the center of attention. I think it might be time for a trip to the library to look for books about kids with anxiety. I just don't want him starting a life of worry at the age of five.
The boys slept in my room last night. When Brian is gone for a night or two, Jackson gets to sleep with me. We all slept so horribly last night that we all agreed it was time to go back to our own beds. Speaking of my own bed. Zzzzzzzz....
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
13 hours ago
1 comment:
Tell Jackson that all the kindergarten teachers are very experienced with students in their classes losing teeth! Both Mrs. Fulton and Mrs. Shepek had cute little plastic, see-through boxes in a variety of colors for kids to put a lost tooth in so it will not get lost before the kid returns home.
Post a Comment