Again, it's been too long since I've posted. But now I can explain the real reason! Brian and I are expecting a baby in April. April 14th to be exact but given my need for c-sections, we're looking at an April 7th-ish birth. Easter weekend. Which is especially poignant given that this past Easter Sunday is when we made the decision to try and have another baby.
I am twelve and a-half weeks today. The past five weeks have been rough. No vomiting but plenty of pretty serious nausea. With the boys, I gained plenty of weight in my first trimester. With this one, I keep losing. Another pound today which brings me to a loss of 6 pounds. I just don't have much of an appetite and can't eat very much at a time. I am craving orange juice, soups, sparkling orange water. I have an aversion to a lot of foods - desserts, meat (though I had turkey and mashed potatoes today that tasted great), anything with a sweet aftertaste. It was morning until night sickness until this past week. My mornings are better and my nights are a little better. The afternoons are still rough. I am not showing yet but my waistline is definitely thickening. The fatigue this time around has been really intense. I don't remember it being this bad with the boys but I suppose I wasn't as busy with them either. Poor Andrew is ready to have an energetic mom again. Maybe in three years or so, honey. I'm an now especially glad I enrolled him in three day preschool.
I had my first appointment with my OB today. I am measuring right where I should be and we heard a strong heartbeat. Andrew will be attending all my appointments with me. My OB doesn't work when Andrew is in preschool. He was a good boy today and charmed everyone with his big eyes and dimples. And made us all laugh when he tried to get a better look at what was going on at the other end of the exam table. He is very curious about this whole thing.
We told the boys about a month ago. We'd told so many friends and I was worried it would come up in front of them and the moment would be ruined. Jackson responded with an interested, "Hmmmm!" which was more than I thought I'd get from him. Andrew is thrilled! He loves babies and has all kinds of ideas about how he's going to help and share his toys. He even wants to share his room with the baby. One of Jackson's first questions was, "Where is Andrew going to sleep?" He knows something's going to change with the room situation and apparently he's decided he's not going anywhere. We said we'd figure it out later. Plenty of time for logistics.
Andrew is completely sure it's a girl. So is my Dad. I've been sure it's another boy but the more Andrew talks about "her" the more I forget we don't actually know yet. Looks like we'll probably find out in early December.
I'm going to try and keep a current blog for this pregnancy. Despite the nausea and exhaustion, I am enjoying this time. This will be the last one so I am going to stay in the moment and not wish the time away even though there's so much to look forward to! Though I might point out that I think it's never to early to start praying this baby sleeps better than Andrew did. Another baby with sleep habits like Jackson would be very welcome!!!
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment