Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday

I'm in love!  I'm in love!  And I don't care who knows it!

That's our favorite line from the movie, Elf.  Andrew is fond of saying that to me.  Today it's in reference to our new minivan.  It's wonderful.  Easy to drive and so much space and smells wonderfully of new leather.  I am so glad we decided to upgrade. 

The boys have been having a wonderful week with my mom and dad.  Dillon and I have had a nice week, too, but I'm ready for the big boys to come back.  They should be here late afternoon tomorrow.  I'm excited to see my parents and brother, too.  And for them to see Dillon!  My brother and Dad haven't seen Dillon since he was in the hospital.  They'll just stay Sunday and have to head back on Monday.  Unless I lock them in the basement and force them to stay a few days.  Brian is going to Australia tomorrow and I'd love some company.  He'll be gone "just" one week this time.

I finished cleaning the boys room yesterday.  From start to finish it took about four hours.  I took before and after pics because I knew it would be a drastic change.  I'll have to post them later.  It looks wonderful right now and predict that will last about 5 minutes once they get home.  One thing is certain, there are too many legos in that room.  They have taken over three spaces now - two desks and a table.  And that doesn't include the plastic bins that are on the top shelf of their closet.  I bet if I told him he could have the money if we sold some at a garage sale he would do it. 

Dillon is not napping well this week.  I should clarify that statement.  Dillon naps beautifully if he is being held and rocked.  He is not napping well when placed in his bed.  Nighttime is fine.  Napping...not so much. 

This has been a good week.  I don't know that I've ever needed a break as much as I did this week.  I feel very refreshed and like I've found my patience again.  Knock-on-wood that that feelings sticks around!  I got a few things done but mostly I just relaxed and enjoyed Dillon.  I went to the gym three times which feels great and next week, when all three boys are home, I'll really get back at that.  I lost about 25 pounds when Dillon was in the hospital but I knew it wouldn't stick since I wasn't eating.  I've gained some of that back so it's time to get rid of it in a healthy way. 

I got my Tdap vaccine yesterday.  I was supposed to get it before I was discharged from the hospital but because we left early and in a rush, I didn't.  I've been meaning to get it (because it protects Dillon from Whooping Cough) for two months but always forgot about it during the day.  I just stopped at the health department yesterday and was in and out in less than five minutes.  I have a sore arm today.  Brian will get it when he gets back from Australia.  Even our baby sitter got it at her mom's insistence, which I very much appreciate. 

Dillon's mouth found his hands this week.  He is very excited about sucking on as much of his hand as he can.  He has no time for that pacifier now that he knows about his hands.  It would be nice if he'd find them right now since he is screaming in his bed.  Mean Mommy, making him sleep in his bed. : )


1 comment:

Unknown said...

My arm was sooooo sore after the Tdap,. Also, love the Elf movie, my girl name was going to be Jovie.Congrats on the van, my kiddos called ours the batmobile thought it was the coolest thing ever.