Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th!

I am going to need a nap if I'm going to make it to the fireworks tonight.  I was up very late getting some house things done - dishes, laundry, more laundry, more laundry, made a 4th of July cake, more dishes - you get the idea.  Dillon was up at 5:30 for an hour.  He went back to sleep but I was up by then.  Though I hear him squawking in his bed so I may have to make this a short post.  He is really refluxy this morning.

We had a nice day yesterday.  I filled the boys' pool in the morning and blew up a new pool toy that kept them busy and happy for about 3 hours.  After Dillon's afternoon nap we all went to the mall.  It was a well timed trip.  Gap was having a good sale and I got Jackson several things at a great price and Dillon and Andrew got a couple things as well.  Everything I got Jackson is slightly too big which means it will still fit by the time school starts!  It's kind of fun to take him shopping.  He enjoys looking for clothes when he gets to have a say in what I buy.  After a reward of soft pretzels we tried to go to a couple other stores but Dillon had had enough by then.  He is not a shopper yet.  Either we walk at a quick, steady pace while he's in the stroller or he wants out. 

Today we are headed to the country club for swimming and lunch.  It's going to be 102 again today so we'll see how long Dillon lasts.  We're invited a couple other places later to have dinner and watch the fireworks. 
It will be a fun day.  The boys are very excited and are already dressed in their red, white, and blue.  I am heading out to get red, white, and blue donuts at their request.


No comments: