Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mardi Gras

The night that all the stomach flu business got started, Brian and I went to the best party we've ever been to.  There is an annual Mardi Gras party in town that Julie has been inviting us to for three years and this year the timing was finally right.  We had SO. MUCH. FUN.  It definitely appealed to my love of costumes and theatrics.  The theme was Night Circus and everyone wore black and white.  The food was delicious, the band was great (as long as you didn't stand right next to the speaker towards the end of the night when it became clear that the singer would need to be silent for about two days to recover), and the company was wonderful.  We danced and danced.  I am already looking forward to next year's party!  I can't imagine how they could out-do this year!


Did I mention masques were required?


You want me to pose?  Okay, if I have to. : ) I want more of that shrimp, by the way.


Me, Sara, Marsee, Julie, Gretchen


Julie and I


Crystal and myself


Pre-party at the Stout's.  Aimee, myself, girl I don't know, Jen, Jen, and Gretchen


My hairstyle courtesy of Erin at Gaia.  She did such a fantastic job.  
And this is the mini top-hat that I am in love with.  
I may need to start looking for excuses to wear mini top-hats. 
I will become the mini top-hat lady.  I think St. Patrick's Day might be a good day for one, don't you?


Several friends from church were also there.
Ralph, Rita, Frank, Nancy, Jim, and myself

Thanks again, Julie, for showing us a great time.  Always the perfect hostess - style, class, manners, and FUN!  Can't wait to do it again next year!  For more pictures of the decor and all things Night Circus (so much awesome attention to detail), visit her blog here: 

And here:







No comments: