Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Triple threat

Yesterday was day ten of my cold.  I didn't feel totally awful so I was trying to ride it out.  When I started to feel really congested again yesterday I decided it was time to see my doctor.  Turns out I have a sinus infection, bronchitis, fluid in both ears, and possibly an ear infection in the right ear.  Well, yeah, I guess that would explain why I wasn't feeling better.

Dillon has a cold but it doesn't seem to be bothering him too much and Andrew is having a hard time kicking his, too.  He had to stay home from his first day of extended day preschool on Monday and is still coughing quite a bit.  He inherited my ability to hang on to a cold for far too long.  We have asthma to thank for that.

Thankfully, I felt good on Saturday night and we attended our favorite party of the year. "A Little Supper and A Lot of Chocolate."  It was at Dave and Kristin's (also Dillon's Godparents - I don't think I've done a baptism post yet.) house.

This is the fourth time we have gone (I think...or is it 3rd?)  Dave and Kristin are wonderful cooks.  Kristin made two soups - french onion (my favorite) and a new one this year, roasted red pepper (Brian's new favorite).  The next course featured three beautiful and delicious salads.  I can't remember what they were exactly but all three were so good.  And then....the chocolate.  Words don't do it justice so please do enjoy the pictures.





1 comment:

Kristin said...

I really need to make more soups out of that book. We're batting 1000 on it so far!!