Andrew was in heaven. This guy loves babies. He comes from a long line of Ryan family baby lovers. He would hold Mallory all day long. And you should see him comfort Dillon when he's upset. Well, most of the time. Andrew may be feisty but he's got a heart of gold.
Not so much a squeeze as a choke hold, Dillon.
I taught a few lessons after lunch. Dillon napped, Andrew watched TV and Jackson played basketball at the K-State rec. Then we put out our Christmas tree. No decorations - just the pre-lit tree. It feels like Christmas in Minnesota outside right now and I was in the mood for the tree light ambience. After homework was done we watched the Rockette's Christmas Spectacular. My boys watched and enjoyed almost all of it but when it was over Andrew asked where the rockets were. "You said were watching Christmas Rockets." After dinner we snuggled and watched a little Home Alone. I couldn't stop smiling. When Andrew is in a feisty mood, he IS Kevin McAllister. Weekends are the hardest when Brian is out of town but we did pretty well. Andrew was great and he wants to make sure Dad knows about it.
Rounding out our movie day, I'm having a glass of wine (H3 Merlot - very good!) and watching Jersey Boys. Not even close to the awesomeness of the stage musical but it's not bad. If you get the chance to see a touring production of that show, do it! It's putting me in the mood to see That Thing You Do.
Also do yourself a favor and get Amy Poehler's new book, Yes Please. It is so fantastic. I'm a third of the way through and I've loved every page. I didn't think anything could be better than Tina Fey's Bossypants but this just might. Or it's at least equally good. She's got a hilarious section of Haikus about plastic surgery and botox. Here's a few:
We know it's botox
And not your vegan diet
Nice try Margaret
A face lift does not
Make daughters comfortable
When you chaperone
Can I be honest
You look like a lady from
The Broadway show Cats
One last sweet picture. Andrew likes to read to Dillon every night. He points to the words like he's teaching Dillon to read, which I suppose he kind of is. Maybe he'll grow up to be a teacher.





No comments:
Post a Comment