Here are a few recipes I tried recently and really liked. Enjoy and let me know if they work for you too.
LOW FAT SOUR CREAM MUFFINS (these are delicious!)
1 cup low-fat sour cream
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup milk
2 cups flour
2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
mix together and put in muffin pan
bake for 20 min. at 400 degrees.
LOW FAT WALDORF SALAD
2 tsp rice vinegar (I didn't have this on hand and it tasted just fine without it)
1/4 cup nonfat sour cream (I used low fat instead)
1/4 cup nonfat mayo (I used low fat)
1 tsp honey
3 cups cored and chopped apples
1 cup halved seedless grapes
2 cups mini marshmallows (I left these out but it's good either way)
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup raisins
Combine vinegar, sour crea, mayo, and honey. Toss with other ingredients and serve alone or on shredded lettuce.
CHICKEN BROCCOLI HOT DISH
2-3 cups cooked chicken (cut up)
1 1/2 bags frozen broccoli
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup mayo
1/2 cup chopped onion
3/4 tsp. curry powder (use a little less if you aren't a big curry fan)
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup milk or water (I used water and it tasted fine)
1/2 cup shredded cheese
Spray casserole dish. Place slightly steamed broccoli in dish. Put chicken, rice, onion over broccoli. Mix soup, mayo, milk, curry, lemon juice. Pour over other ingredients. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
CHICKEN CASHEW CASSEROLE
1 cup chow mein noodles (I used two cups)
1 3/4 cup chicken cooked and cubed
1 cup chopped celery
1 small onion minced (I cut up about 1/2 cup red onion)
1 can low fat cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
1 small jar pimentos
1 cup low fat mayo
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
4 oz cashew halves
Grease casserole dish. Line with 1/2 cup chow mein noodles. Combine chicken, celery, onion, soup, milk, pimentos, mayo, green pepper, and cashews. Place on top of noodles. Bake 45 min. at 350 degrees. Top with remaining noodles during the last 5 minutes.
ENJOY!
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
1 day ago
2 comments:
YESSS! Thanks for the recipes. That curry one sounds FAB and I'm a sucker for sour-cream muffins. Can't wait.
Heather I just made the chix-brocc for dinner tonight! It was unbelievably yummy -- thank you SO MUCH! But I baked it only for 50 minutes because it seemed like it was getting dried out. It tasted delicious but some of the rice got kind of crusty-crunchy on the bottom. In kind of a wonderful way, but I wonder why the whole thing wasn't wetter. Or is it not supposed to be real saucey?
Post a Comment