Apparently, it's been a busy week. I haven't written since last Wednesday but I can't remember doing anything particularly productive. Other than my kids.
It is rainy and cold today and I LOVE it! Finally! This feels like MN Fall. It's about 50 degrees and overcast. A good day to stay inside and bake, which is just what I did. I am hosting Book Club tonight so I made pumpkin bars and my famous oatmeal-craisin-white chocolate chip cookies. They're really not that famous (and you can find the recipe on the back of the Craisins bag) but they're very easy to make and everyone always loves them. PLUS - they have oatmeal in them so you can eat them for breakfast! :) I am expecting 12-13 people tonight which is WAY too big for a book club and if you ask me, which no one has, people need to stop inviting other people to join. There are about 25 people on the e-mail that goes out every month. I only got about 1/4 of the way through the book for this month. I don't know that I will try and finish it. I'll just get the verbal Cliff Notes tonight.
The Sutherlands are coming to visit on Thursday! I can't wait! This will be Peg and Matthew's third trip, Will and Ella's second trip, and Rob's first. I can't believe I haven't seen Rob in almost 6 months. I am used to seeing him at least once a week. It's gonna be fun and Brian's even taking Friday off. They will be here until Sunday. On Saturday we are taking a tour of the Konza Prairie. I am imagining it will be like a Kansas version of Disney's Safari ride. :) No, it should be neat and we're supposed to see animals. Saturday is also Brian's birthday.
We got pumpkins this past weekend. There is one pumpkin patch in Manhattan, about 5 minutes from our house. It is an odd little place. There are a lot of pumpkins sitting out to choose from and somewhere there is a patch where you can pick your own, a corn maze, and a petting zoo. I was told by a man coming out of the petting zoo, "Yeah, you can go in, but I wouldn't. Some of them animals are nasty." O-kay.
The pumpkin patch is also located on what looks like a dump for old tractor parts. Brian thinks they should call it a Junkin Patch. Next year we will look for another place or just get them at the grocery store.
I have a messy kitchen and guests coming in a few hours. That's all for now.
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment