Thursday, October 2, 2008

Use your words

This blog has become a picture book lately so I thought it time to post something with words. I anticipate Andrew will wake up any second though. Kind of like how he wants to eat the second I sit down to feed myself.

The house is a little sad today without Angela. I got back from MN and picked up Angela the next day so I have been spoiled with almost 2 weeks of family. We had a great trip to MN. It was unusually warm so I didn't need all the cool weather clothes I had packed. The leaves are starting to change so the drive from Albert Lea to Winona was beautiful. So far the leaves here haven't done much. I hope we get the brilliant colors I am used to in MN. The monarchs have begun their migration in Manhattan. I once saw a show on the Travel Channel about the monarch butterfly migration to Mexico. They filmed the place where they all end up and it is amazing. Trees and sky just thick with monarchs. Some of them migrate through Manhattan and stop to "rest" in the yard of the K-State President. They even renamed that street Butterfly Lane. On Saturday and Sunday there were butterflies everywhere. Anywhere you looked you would see 10-15 monarchs. It's been cooler the past couple days and now there are no butterflies. I don't know if they just left or if there will be more.

Anyway, back to MN. We spent 5 days at my parents' and 2 days at Brian's parents'. The kids got lots of Grandma and Grandpa time and I got a little reprieve. I was able to get a lot of scrapbooking done which was a treat. Sharon took the kids "fall shopping" too and they are now officially darling. :) Love the outlet mall! Carters Outlet and Osh Gosh Outlet are a great source for Infant and Toddler Boys. (Osh Gosh is especially great for toddler boys. It can be hard to find cute stuff for that age. They have both stores at the outlet mall in Albertville for my Twin Cities readers.) We took the boys to a Cotter Football Game - Andrew's first. We all got colds about 3 days into our trip. I am still wiping runny noses all day long and I still have a bad cough. Not unusual for me - my colds tend to last and last. My mom had 2 butterfly chrysalises and Jack and I watched them come out. Well, one of them. I was watching the first one all morning because I wanted to see it emerge. I went downstairs to get Andrew and change his diaper. I came upstairs and the thing had emerged. Of coarse. The second one was starting so we cheered it on. Jack kept saying, "Come on, little buddy! Be a butterfly, please!" (I know, can you stand it? So cute.) Unfortunately, the second one got his front legs out and got stuck. That's where he stayed. And the first one had a bum wing so we're not sure he made it out of the yard. It was cool though and next fall I think I will order some so the kids can watch the whole process at home.

Jackson had his 3rd day of school on Tuesday. He was already crying during breakfast so I had low expectations. He was just wailing when I left him there and saying, "I...wanna...go....to...Gramma's!" So sad. But! When I picked him up that afternoon the teacher said he was only sad for a few minutes and then had a great day! He participated in everything! We were all excited. Jackson kept saying to me, "Mama, I am so proud of you."

Andrew is doing great. Still working on our sleep issues but I expect they will resolve EVENTUALLY. Last night I just shut off my monitor so I don't really know what kind of night he had. When Brian got up for work at 5:30 he was crying. I fed him then and he slept until almost 9:00 so it's possible he was awake a good part of the night. Andrew said Mama twice while we were gone and hasn't said it since. He is liking the way Dada sounds for now. Jackson learned the word nervous and actually uses it correctly. Nervous is a good word for Jackson. :)

Theatre updates: Legally Blonde is closing on Broadway on the 19th, I think. All that work on that dumb/awesome reality show and now the show is closing. Title Of Show is also closing on the 12th. I have never seen that show but really hoped I'd get to. It's a musical about people writing a musical. It sounds confusing but it's totally brilliant and pretty much sums up the life up any creative person. I suggest you check it out. Laura Osnes (Eagan, MN native, Twin Cities theatre star, and Sandy in Grease on Broadway) is set to star in a NEW Broadway show, Pride and Prejudice. Wow! I don't know much about the show, but it seems like a perfect fit and I hope the show is a smash hit. I'll say it again, the girl is a class act and so talented! I would love a trip to NYC next fall. I miss the city and could use a dose of top notch theatre.

I was just about to write that I couldn't believe Andrew was still asleep...but he's awake. That's my time for today then.

No comments: