Friday, October 3, 2008

"Nothing makes us more vulnerable than loneliness." ~Thomas Harris

I'm singin' the homesick blues today. I love the fall but this year it's making me sad. Just when I think I'm doing okay here, this *blech* feeling hits me from behind. It doesn't help that I am feeling like maybe I got blown off by one of my two friends today. There's a strong possibility that I am being too sensitive - wouldn't be the first time - but it stings none-the-less.

I've done a move before. We moved to Michigan after we got married and I was sad for about 2 days. I was able to embrace the adventure with much more enthusiasm than I am this time around. Probably because I knew we weren't there indefinitely. I don't know - maybe I still have baby hormones swishing around that are doing this. Why, when I have two fantastic kids at home with me, do I feel so alone here?

We are also facing the possibility of having to make some ugly decisions about our house in St. Paul. That is making me sad and scared and angry. Please pray that we find a renter this month. The house is now listed on twincities.com as well as Craigslist. In my mind I see our little house just sitting there empty saying, Come back - come back.

Rather, it is back to my mommy duties. There is a grocery list to make and I need to find out if the marching band is practicing today. Debbie Downer will have to wait.

No comments: