Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mmmmm...pretty.

It seems my cold is here to stay. I was up coughing and when I got up this morning my eyes were all crusty and have been tearing up since then. God bless Brian for getting up with Jackson. He got him set up with his ritual of dry cereal in a cup, juice in a sippy, and the Disney Channel. Andrew was still sleeping so Brian left for work and I slept too! It was awesome. I knew he was safe and knew to come get me if he needed to so I got an extra hour of sleep and Andrew didn't get up until almost 9:00. Awesome!

We had a fun morning of Christmas Arts and Crafts which Jackson declared, "SO FUN, Mama!" Then our pal Dr. Kate came over on her lunch break to say hello and bring me magazines. She walked in, looked at me and said, "Girl! When did you get pink eye?"

Crap.

One of the perks of having a friend who is a doctor is that you can get prescriptions for minor conditions without dragging your kids in with you to see a doctor in an office. Thanks, Kate! In the meantime, I have to wear my glasses. They are really old and not strong enough and look like pop bottles because I am blind as a bat. I am sure I will get my kids up from their naps and discover the crusties in their eyes too. I threw away my mascara and contact case, but do I need to throw away my eye shadow and make up brushes? I've never had this before. When I was in high school it was going around the school and people were giving to each other on purpose so they could go home. Gross. I looked up pink eye online and it says that if you sneeze or cough the pink eye germs can be spread. All I have been doing for the past three days is coughing and sneezing.

I am working on our Christmas Letter. I have too much to say this year. My high school A.P. English teacher would tell me I need to "lard factor" it...trim the fat off, if you will. It's been a Christmas-Letter-Worthy year though. We've been busy.
My goal is to have them addressed and sent by Dec. 18th. We'll see....

I've been watching this video blog lately at momversations.com. The women on it are popular bloggers and they talk about issues moms deal with in a very honest, articulate, and funny(!) way. Today they were talking about getting unsolicited advice from others regarding your parenting. I haven't gotten much of this but if one more person tells me that Andrew should be wearing shoes and socks, I am going to lose it. If I could get him to keep them on, they WOULD BE ON! Seriously, if anyone knows a secret way to keep shoes and socks on a baby, PLEASE fill me it. This is advice I am asking for. Brian said the other day, "Maybe we need to get him lace up boots or something." I went storming in to the other room holding the LACE UP BOOT that Andrew had just kicked off. Amazingly, he leaves mittens on. ???

Well, I am coughing pink eye all over the computer key board. Time for tea and antibacterial wipes.

No comments: