After two days with no nap and a third day with serious nap resistance, I think Andrew is finally asleep. I am not ready for him to drop his nap yet. When faced with the reality that he just might be doing that, I was ready to put my doctor on speed dial to have her fill a prescription for an antidepressant. It just makes me moan with grief. It does seem that after an hour of messing around in his room, he did fall asleep.
I wasn't going to share this story on my blog (because it's THAT gross), but the people I told it to got such a laugh out of it that I guess I will subject Andrew to the potential shame of this story getting out and write it on this post. Yesterday, while he was busy not napping, Andrew walked out to ask me for another kiss and a hug. While hugging him for the 27th time, I noticed something white above his lip. He didn't seem to recall what it was so I went into his room to investigate and noticed he had found the Monistat 7 hidden in the back of his changing table. I can't remember what Dr. Kate had us use this for, but it was for some kind of skin issue. Andrew has a plethora of those. He had been rubbing Monistat 7 on his face and undoubtedly, on his lips (he loves chapstick). Then I noticed that the rectal thermometer was also sitting out. I had used that on him earlier in the day - because only a fever could be to blame for his troll-like behavior! I'm not gonna lie....I hadn't cleaned it yet. I usually do that right away but something distracted me from it. I looked at Andrew and said, "Andrew! What did you do with this?!?!" And he said, "......I put it in my mouth."
Do you need to excuse yourself for a while?
We're going to the K-State football game tomorrow evening. Well, I should say, we HAVE TICKETS for the game. The boys are currently earning back the game. They had some particularly ugly behavior yesterday afternoon. We'll go of course, but it's proven to be an effective scare tactic. I am crossing my fingers that we aren't sitting in a section of people that feels the need to stand the entire game. There are fireworks after the game and the boys are VERY excited. Andrew is completely confused by the difference between K-State Wildcats and the MN Vikings. The are both purple. Andrew, I can sum up the difference in two words: Number Four!
Jackson is loving school this year! He is so excited when I pick him up. Today he told me, "That was the coolest day I ever, ever had!" Love that! They are doing fewer conventional art projects this year and concentrating more on the process of creating. This is exactly what he does at home and the teachers told me today that the first thing he does is go to the art table. He comes home with piles of papers that he has cut and taped together. I'm also happy to report that almost 100% of the time, his name is written from left to right. That is a recent change.
Hoping to get our annual sunflower photos taken this weekend. It didn't happen last weekend. I think I am the only one who really wants to do this, so I'm gonna have to press the issue if it's gonna happen.
Go K-State!
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment