Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Run, Heather! Run!

I got my new running shoes today! I was saving it for next Wednesday when both boys will be in preschool, but I went for a long run on Saturday (4.5 miles)and when I tried to run again on Monday, my feet and ankles felt awful. The new shoes couldn't wait a week. I held my breath (and bribed him with Sonic) and took Andrew with me to Manhattan Running Company while Jackson was at school. First of all, given our day yesterday, I should mention that Andrew was a gem at the store. It didn't last once we walked out the door, but he was good while I really needed him to be. Anyway, it was cool getting fit for shoes and not just picking out the cute ones at Kohls. That's how I picked out my last pair and I just happened to get lucky. I tried out (and by tried out I mean I actually ran down the sidewalk to see how they felt) four pairs and settled on a nice pair of Brooks that are apparently quite popular because the two people I talked to afterwards are running in the same pair. Anyway, they video record you running on a treadmill in your old shoe to see what kind of support you need and then they tape you in your new shoe and play them next to each other. I could immediately see the difference in ankle support. I am looking forward to trying them out tonight. Unless it's been raining. Because I am not quite ready to get my new shoes dirty. They might not be as cute as my old orange and pink Nikes, but still....

No comments: