Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

I was happy to wake up this morning (albeit early, thanks boys) feeling a little more in the Christmas spirit than I have in the past couple weeks. How can you not with two little boys who are SO excited? I found a Santa tracker app on my phone and we're keeping a close eye on him today.

We had an easy drive yesterday. There was not a flake of snow to be found and while it wasn't warm, it certainly wasn't as cold as it's been either. We stopped twice for bathroom breaks, I packed lunch for us, Andrew and I took good naps, and we made the seven hour drive in 7 1/2 hours. I think that's a record.

Today we'll probably head to Geneva for breakfast (the boys' favorite little cafe), then home to ride on the 244J (John Deere tractor-ish kind of thing), tubbies in the "HUGE tub with JETS!", and then church at 4:00. Brian and I are doing the music again this year. After church we'll come back here for dinner and presents and fun with cousins.We'll leave in the morning for my parents' house for a few days and then back here for a couple more. Looks like there is no snow in the forecast. The boys are disappointed but I like it. It just makes the trip so much easier.

I do have one secret Christmas wish (No, not a minivan. Though...ahem). I'll let you know if it happens.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Such a tease on the little Christmas wish! I hope you get whatever it is. 11:35 p.m. Just finished the last of the wrapping. Wow, is it ever time for bed!!