Saturday, December 17, 2011

Maybe I should give him a name.

The massive knot in my shoulder, I mean. He doesn't seem to be going anywhere soon. Jiminy Christmas, does it hurt. Maybe that's what I'll name him.

Last night was performance one of two of our Christmas concert at the MAC. It was lovely. It's a community event but it features mainly K-State music faculty, present and retired. I am doing some accompanying for vocalists and am part of a little jazz trio, though they are far more experienced in the jazz department than I am. I am faking my way through it decently, I think. I tend to freeze when someone says improvise. Thankfully, this music came with notated jazz piano solos. All I have to do is play the notes and make the funny faces that jazz musicians always make and most people will be convinced it's all my own musical genius. Seriously, it's a very nice concert to play for. The singers and musicians are excellent, the music is challenging, and the whole event is classy but casual. Brian's coming tonight and will hopefully record a few segments.

My mom sent a text photo this morning of the inch or snow they got yesterday. Last year, there was about 4 feet of snow when we went home for Christmas. Four feet...one inch...it's all the same to the boys. They think they will be climbing the snow mountains and building snowmen again this year. One inch is fine by me as it makes the drive so much easier.

I am feeling pregnant this week. I'm not uncomfortable yet but I can tell that he's taking up more room now. I have had several people remark that I "definitely look pregnant now" and I have to agree. I've officially outgrown all my regular pants. The baby is a kicker! Brian got to feel him kick for the first time on Thursday night. I wake up a couple times a night to kicks. Let's get this night owl business out of our system now, shall we sweet child?

We are trying to name this baby. We have always struggled with boy names. Girl names came easy. Jackson and Andrew were both going to be Ruby and this one was going to be Addison - Addie for short. We have a name that we keep coming back to but we're not certain yet. We'll keep it a secret though. Everyone has an opinion on names before the baby is born. I would love for someone to make a baby name book and leave out all the completely ridiculous names. I just checked out a book at the library called, "Baby Names That Go Together." I thought that would be a good one. It's totally ridiculous. I can't even pronounce 75% of the names.

A picture to make you smile:

No comments: