The room is painted,the bunk beds were delivered and installed, and we've survived two nights with the boys sleeping in the same room! The first night was weird. Andrew was up about three times. He's been waking up nightly lately because he's afraid someone's in the house and coming to get him. It makes me sad during the day but at night I'd really love if he'd just go back to sleep. I can empathize though. I would wake up at night when I was a kid and was very afraid, too. For a long time it was shadows from a shelf in the corner of my room, then I thought Count Chocula was under my bed and would bite my ankles if I got out of bed. (I know. I have no idea why it was Count Chocula. I have never had that cereal in my life.) Then I would hear sounds and thought someone was playing the piano in the middle of the night. If I had to go to the bathroom (which was across the hall and next to the stairs), I was sure someone was waiting to grab me. I'd try to call out to my parents but I'd be too afraid. So, I get where he's coming from.
Where was I?
First night.
Andrew was up several times and when I finally got up in the morning he was sleeping on the couch. When I asked him why he was sleeping there he told me that Jack told him to. Jackson says he told him if he can't sleep then just go sleep on the couch. Last night was smoother. They both slept all night and got up at 7:00 which is the acceptable time for them to get out of bed.
I spent a chunk of time yesterday moving their clothes into the closet. Luckily, it's a large closet and with a couple hanging organizers and shelves, it all fits. The next project is the baby's room. It's currently a disaster. It's full of everything I didn't want or didn't fit in the boys' bedroom. We have a big playroom in the basement where it can all go. They just have to learn to play down there. They won't go down there without me. They'll learn this summer because that's where they will be sent during nap time.
We've had a cold going around our house. Jackson had it briefly last week, Andrew this weekend, and now it's my turn. I was supposed to go to the K-state men's basketball game tonight but decided against it. It didn't start until 8:00 and I'm determined to get some rest and squash this cold before it settles in my chest. There's a first time for everything.
I had a blood pressure check at my OB's office today. She was very happy with the reading and happy to hear that it's been really stable lately so we turned that visit into my monthly exam and I don't have to come back next week. I am measuring at 28 weeks though I'm only 26 1/2 weeks along. In two weeks I go back for my gestational diabetes test. That has changed in the past four years. You have to plan to be in the office for 2 1/2 hours and have blood drawn three times. I didn't have it with the other two boys and when I brought that up, my doctor laughed and said, "Yes, but now you're old." Yeah, ha ha. I know she doesn't really think I'm old but in baby making years I'm not a spring chicken either.
Brian's gone for most of the week but will be back in time for Andrew's birthday dinner on Tuesday. One more birthday and then no more presents until Christmas!
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment