Thursday, January 26, 2012

One-liners

Jackson had us laughing today. Brian came home from work early to take him out for pizza and fro-yo and to look at computers at Best Buy. While at AJ's for pizza, he told Brian, "This part of my stomach over here that's for food and drinks is really full. But this part over here that's for desserts is realllly empty." And then as they were leaving, Brian asked him if he had his gloves or something and Jackson said, "Yes. In my left pocket. That's the hand I use to write my name. But I use my right hand for coloring. Cuz they each need something to do."

After lessons I took Jackson to Target to spend his birthday/christmas money. The kid had saved a lot and has been very seriously contemplating what to buy. As we were walking in he said to me, "I am going to use my money for a toy that I really love and that I will play with a lot. Some people use their money on things like expensive drinks. Then they drink it up and their money is all gone." Ummmm, what?! Did my kid spend some time in AA in a previous life?!

He bought himself two lego sets, some glitter glue, a Scooby Doo Tag Reader book, a Super Mario t-shirt and a Shaun White sweatshirt. That's all a part of his plan to eliminate anything with buttons or a collar in his closet. (The source of this morning's tantrum - collared shirt with buttons) We had a rough start but he ended the day feeling good and I don't think it was because of the new toys.

No comments: