This calls for an uff-da.
Rough start today. Last night I went to a concert in Kansas City. We didn't get home until 1:00 a.m. I had trouble falling asleep and it was after 2:00 by the time I finally did. Dillon, who's been sleeping until at least 7:00 for the past few weeks, was up and ready to start the day at 5:45 a.m, the house was a mess and the dishwasher broke.
I wish I could say the concert made it all worth the trouble.
I have loved Steven Curtis Chapman for about 20 years. I don't love all Christian music. I actually don't like a lot of it. But I love his. The lyrics speak to me and when I need quiet time, peace, a good cry, it's his music I turn to. So when I saw that I could get tickets for $20 to see him in Kansas City, I was on it. He appeared with Laura Story and Jason Gray. I knew just a couple Laura Story songs and had never heard of Jason Gray. While all three were great performers, the concert as a whole was disappointing. Mainly because I wanted to go to a concert and this was more like church. And not Catholic church. This was wave your hands in the air and preach the gospel church. Catholics get a little squirmy when that starts happening. To each their own but that's not for me. I needed less talk and more song. I told Brian that because his music is such a quiet, personal thing for me, hearing him in that setting, with people singing along all the time and loudly, it just wasn't what I had hoped it would be.
Anyway, here's the song that made Laura Story famous. It's beautiful. She's a great pianist and she sang this with Steven Curtis Chapman. I bet it was beautiful. Could hardly hear them over the ladies behind me who were singing SO FLIPPING LOUD. It was like going to a Broadway show and sitting next to theatre kids.
She wrote this song after her husband of two years was diagnosed with a brain tumor. They told her that after surgery he may not remember her. He woke up and said, "Laura Story!" She was so excited that he knew her. Then he said, "What are you doing here?" He knew who she was but didn't remember that they were married. He is still alive and doing a lot of therapy and they have a one year old who was at the concert. This was a meaningful song to me last year.
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment