Friday, October 19, 2007

Oh, the burn

The heartburn has set in. From here on out I shall always have Tums on my person.
I also have this weird pubic bone pain. It's not constant but when it's there it's intense. I asked my aerobics instructor about it because she used to be a nurse. She said that when the ligaments in your pelvis soften after your 1st trimester, in some women they soften too much and the bones can separate - thus the pain. It's not dangerous, just painful. She said to tell my midwife about it though because sometimes they restrict your exercise. I hope not. My midwife tends to go my the "if it hurts, don't do it" rule. And when I go to aerobics, there are only a few things that hurt, so I will just not do those things. You do have to be careful if you have an epidural and you have this pelvis issue because you can really hurt your pelvis if you are in positions that would normally hurt a lot and you can't feel them. I said to Brian last night, "Why do I have such weird problems when I am pregnant? Why can't I just breeze through it?" He said, "Because you get great kids out of it." That's true. Fair trade when you put it that way.

Today was the nap-time from hell. Jackson has a little cold and is a little whiny. He is especially put off by nose wiping. He doesn't have the hang of blowing his nose yet so I have to wipe the drips. He screams and cries for 5 minutes every time I do it. I don't think it's even sore because I haven't had to wipe it very often. He just doesn't like it. I put him down at noon today because he was just c-rabby. At 1:40 he finally fell asleep. I knew he was tired but would just not go to sleep. I am trying not to feel guilty that he will now spend most of the afternoon in his crib. I know that for my sanity and his health, he really did need to rest. I just feel bad that it had to get so ugly at the end - LOTS of screaming. We are going to Brian's mom and dad's tonight and Jackson is really excited, so I think that was keeping him up. Few things get his as excited as a trip to see any of his grandparents. It's sweet. I remember getting excited to see mine - I'm glad he feels the same way.

I got some work done on the script for the Christmas Show during the awake portion of nap time. I was getting really nervous about it, but the script makes it feel like it's coming along. We start music rehearsals next Sunday. I always start to doubt my abilities before I begin rehearsals. Especially in this case because I am in charge. It's important to me to be organized and prepared and I am not 100% of either yet. Still looking for some music and, oh yeah, 2 more guys. One is supposed to let me know tonight and the other is out of the country this week. I also need to make a forest full of copies and even that is a significant challenge with Jackson in tow. I hope I did not take on too much seeing as I just seem to be getting more and more pregnant. Thankfully, the director is awesome and has done this a hundred times.

Okay. Back to work.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: