I am typing this blog entry as I am watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition. The family is very deserving and all but they are looking at their new house right now and SCREAMING like they are being killed. Seriously, this is the most annoying episode ever.
"Where Rottie doe?" Translation: Where did Roxie go?
I think Jackson averages that sentence about 50 times a day lately. It's the first thing out of him mouth in the morning when I go in to get him and tonight it was the last thing he said after I said, "I love you very much. Have a good sleep." I think it's more of a comfort statement than actual curiosity because our house is quite small...no one is going to lose a dog in it. Unless she goes into the basement...then it's every man/canine for himself. I don't know, maybe 21 month olds really forget that fast.
I am 25 weeks pregnant today. 15 weeks to go. Let's not make it 16 weeks, okay baby? Really, if you are good and ready, you could come in 13 weeks. Just maybe not on Jackson's birthday if you can help it.
Let's see...what have we been up to since last posting?
Thursday - we went to aerobics in the a.m. We have the BEST teacher on Thursdays. She has been teaching post and prenatal aerobics for about 20 years and makes you feel like you are the most important and accomplished woman on earth just for getting yourself to class that day. That's pretty good motivation. Thursday night was t.v. night. While The Office gets better every week, I think I am falling off the Grey's Anatomy band wagon. It's a real bummer because last season I just loved that show, but I think they jumped the shark with Izzie's character. I know too much about how Izzie and George are such good friends in real life and how is gay...I don't buy her love of George when she just recently spent a few days on the floor of the bathroom over Denny. I can buy George loving Callie because in real life she is a musical theatre diva! :) How's that for stereo-typing?
Friday - had a play date with Peg and Matthew. Jackson has been saying, "Matthew's here today.....yeaaaaahhhhh Matthew!" since we got back. (An ECFE song.) Friday night was the premiere of Men In Trees. I enjoy that show - it reminds me of Northern Exposure.
Saturday - we went out for breakfast to Keys Cafe in White Bear Lake. We go there once every couple of months. They have the best and biggest pancakes in the Twin Cities. They are the size of large dinner plates and we all love them. After breakfast we went to Fleet Farm. I do not frequent Fleet Farm - it smells like tires and hunting equipment. However, Saturday was the opening of TOYLAND and any parent of a child over 18 months needs to go. Preferably on a weekday morning when it is not a madhouse. We were driving there and Brian said, "I wonder if it's gonna be busy." I said, "How busy can it be? It's October 13th." OMG - it was crazy. People everywhere with carts piled high with Christmas gifts. Anyway, we got to the tractor aisle and I think Jackson's heart stopped for a second. He kept saying, "AWESOME!" He finally got to get the much-searched-for combine. We also bought a cute little blow-up turtle that you fill with little plastic balls. It's like the ball pit at school but instead of $250 in cost $15. He loves it and has been thanking me since we got it home. He wants me to get in it with him. There's barely room for him let alone my ever-growing self! Saturday at noon was the premiere of Legally Blonde the Musical on MTV. It was FANTASTIC! If you didn't get a chance to see it, I'm sure they will replay it again. If you are a musical theatre lover, it shouldn't be missed! Then I had a haircut and brow wax. Love them both but had to leave with wet hair because I got a bad stomach ache in the middle of it. Really random and was gone by the time I get home. I think I over-heated or something. Saturday night we watched episodes 3, 4, and 5 of Big Love. It wasn't as good as episodes 1 and 2. An interesting premise, but I don't know if we will stick it out for the rest of the season.
Today (Sunday) my parents and brother came over for the afternoon. Jackson was so excited he couldn't sleep. We hung out and watched the Vikings game and went out for dinner. Jackson went to bed early and now here we are. Watching Desperate Housewives and wondering who goes to a charades party in a cocktail dress.
Hope you had a nice weekend.
‘Tis the Season Saturday {10.03.26}
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment