Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Monday Night Lights

Last night was Andrew's first flag football game. Brian's first too - he's the head coach.  Andrew was so nervous and told me several times that he thought he might be too tired to play.  I knew he'd be fine once he started playing.  They have a great little team and it was genuinely really fun to watch.  They were playing a team that was a good match and the Jaguars (our team) were able to score a touchdown at the end of the game to win.  Andrew also scored a touch down that I happened to record.  I'd post it here if my phone wasn't shutting down every time I tried to access You Tube.  It's mostly just me yelling loudly.  At the end of the game, Andrew came over to me and was crying pretty hard.  I thought maybe he'd hurt himself and asked if he was ok.  He said, "Mama, I'm just so happy, I have to cry."  I still can't think about that without laughing and tearing up.


Team huddle

Coach and Andrew. Gorgeous night and beautiful sunset.

I have three friends with kids on Andrew's team.  We're gonna have fun on the sidelines this fall. This is one of their younger kids.  He and Dillon are buds at the gym and they had a ball last night.  

I entered a contest on Facebook last week for four tickets to this Thursday's K-State game against Auburn and I WON!  Sadly, Brian will be out of town but I got a sitter for Dillon and am taking the bigs plus a friend.  It is going to be late on a school night but this was too fun to pass up.  Along with the tickets I won a $400 gift card to a furniture store in Topeka.  Lucky day!




1 comment:

ggdall said...

just curious- did you put your name in the drawing or Dillon's ??