Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And so it began

Three years ago right now I was attempting to watch a movie while in labor with Jackson. Maybe you're thinking, "But Heather, today is the 13th. Jackson wasn't born until the 15th." Yup. My labor started at 3:00 in the afternoon on the 13th. At 5:30 we took Roxie to the vet for x-rays cuz she wouldn't stop throwing up. "Sympathy" pains. We all know she was just looking for a way to make the biggest moment of my life all about her. As usual. Anyway, we returned from the vet and I immediately threw away what I'd been cooking in the crock pot. Beef stroganoff. Nothing has ever smelled so awful and I haven't been able to eat it since. So we made a frozen pizza (maybe not the smartest labor food) and settled in for what we hoped was a productive and short night.

Hah!

Too be continued....

No comments: